Sudeep turns director again with ‘Veera Madakari’August 17th, 2008 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
By V.S. Rajapur
Bangalore, Aug 17 (IANS) Kannada actor Sudeep is now busy with his third directorial venture “Veera Madakari”. And apart from wielding the megaphone, the film star will also be playing a double role in the film. Acting, getting permission to shoot some scenes in a mall here and working out changes in dialogues of the sequence to be shot the next day - Sudeep is kept on his toes for the project that was earlier to be made by director Sadhu Kokila.
“Producer Dinesh Gandhi had planned this film with Sadhu as director. But there were some problems relating to Sadhu’s availability, while Gandhi wanted to start his film immediately. I accepted this responsibility after being persuaded by Gandhi. Even Sadhu was happy that I am directing this film,” Sudeep told IANS.
He, however, said that Sadhu would be seen in “Veera Madakari” as an actor.
“He is busy finishing work for ‘Theertha’ and he had some acting commitments also,” the actor-director said.
“Veera Madakari” is a remake of Telugu hit “Vikramarkudu”. Directed by Rajamouli, it starred Ravi Teja and Anoushka in the lead roles.
Sudeep said that after finishing the shooting schedule in Bangalore, the film unit would move to Mysore. He added that some portions of the movie would be shot in Badami, Pattadkal and Aihole in Bijapur district.
The film’s shooting might have started, but Sudeep is yet to finalise its leading lady.
“We have not yet selected the heroine of the film. I am now shooting the portions that relate to one of my characters. I don’t want to reveal anything about the heroine as of now because we are yet to zero in on a particular actress. Many are now under consideration,” he said.
Sudeep turned director in 2006 with “My Autograph”, a remake of Cheran’s Tamil hit “Autograph”. The film became a silver jubilee hit and even Cheran couldn’t help but praise Sudeep’s work.
His second directorial venture was “73, Shanthi Nivasa”, in which he had no established heroine. He played the role of a helpful cook who has no love interest. Though it didn’t go down well with his fans, Sudeep maintains that he is proud of having made the film.
After his second film as director, he concentrated on his acting career with films like “Gooli”, “Kaamannana Makkalu” and “Mussanje Maathu”.
His next film is Sadhu’s “Theertha”, which is set for a September release and he is joined by veteran actor Anant Nag.
- 'Kempe Gowda' entertaining masala movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 13, 2011
- 'Mr. Theertha' - must see for Sudeep fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 27, 2010
- Theertha now Mister Theertha - Nov 30, 2009
- Acting with Big B is a huge bonus: Kannada star Sudeep - Apr 22, 2009
- 'Veera Madakari' could have been more innovative (Kannada Film Review) - Mar 21, 2009
- Kannada Actor Kiccha - Sudeep Injured While Shooting - Dec 18, 2010
- Veera Parampare completes first schedule - May 03, 2010
- Malashri Bounces Back With Action Extravaganza Veera - Aug 24, 2010
- Kannada Star Sudeep's Birthday Celebrated On September 2 - Sep 07, 2010
- S Narayan Making Yet Another Film With Son Pankaj - Sep 14, 2010
- Soorya injures himself - Mar 19, 2010
- Veera Bahu Thanks Director Gautham Menon For Signing Him After Six years! - Dec 30, 2010
- Shankare Gowda To Remake Singam In Kannada As Kempe Gowda - Aug 23, 2010
- Watch 'Veera Parampare' for top class performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 31, 2010
- Cheran to direct Vishal in 'Paarasiga Raja' - Aug 11, 2009