Subo’s Lent sacrifice on sweets helps charityApril 25th, 2011 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 25 (ANI): It has emerged that Susan Boyle had given up sweets for Lent in support of a charity.
The ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ star gave up the indulgence to support the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund (SCIAF) campaign to combat global poverty, and admitted that she found the challenge tough.
This year, its Wee Box, Big Change initiative focused on its long-term development work in Haiti and its emergency response following the earthquake in January last year.
Boyle was inspired to take part in memory of her mother, who was a supporter of the charity and always had a “wee box” in the house during Lent.
The challenge asked people to give up a favourite treat for Lent, which ended on Sunday, and put the money they save into one of the boxes.
“Meeting the staff who do such a fantastic job helping people in some of the poorest countries in the world was really inspiring,” the Scotsman quoted Boyle as saying.
She did, however, admit to ’slipping up’ on a couple of occasions during Lent. (ANI)
- Susan Boyle ashamed of tantrums - Nov 02, 2011
- Susan Boyle forgives burglar for stealing her money - Dec 28, 2010
- British singer Susan Boyle to star at Haiti benefit gala - Jan 20, 2010
- Susan Boyle says she feels honoured to be on star-studded Haiti aid song - Jan 27, 2010
- Science can help fight poverty in India: NGO - Oct 14, 2011
- Haiti earthquake reconstruction could take more than five years - Jan 18, 2010
- Susan Boyle to play herself in a musical - Nov 29, 2010
- Susan Boyle enters Guinness World Records book - Sep 19, 2010
- Susan Boyle has the hots for David Hasselhoff - Dec 08, 2009
- Susan Boyle was starved of oxygen at birth - Oct 03, 2010
- Vatican asks Susan Boyle to sing for saint Padre Pio - May 23, 2010
- JK Rowling among most influential women in Scotland - Mar 22, 2010
- Scotland aid worker Habib Malik wins Burns Humanitarian Award - Jan 23, 2010
- Simon Cowell's Haiti song becomes century's fastest-selling charity single - Feb 10, 2010
- Susan Boyle chooses paramedic for duet - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: boxes, britain s got talent, catholic international, change initiative, charity, countries in the world, earthquake, emergency response, global poverty, haiti, indulgence, lent, occasions, poorest countries in the world, sacrifice, scotsman, scottish catholic, subo, susan boyle, sweets