Stylists make everyone look the same: SonamMarch 21st, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 21 (IANS) Sonam Kapoor, known for her unique fashion style, believes that the trend of hiring stylists means that everyone looks the same.
“All are hiring stylists now and we all are looking the same. So it’s all good,” said the 26-year-old who has earned accolades more for her style statement than her acting skills.
Meanwhile, when asked which Bollywood actress would she want to give fashion advice to, Sonam quipped, “Honestly, a lot of them.”
Her choice of best dressed people is unique. She says that she finds, “Kalki Koechlin is really amazing.”
“Priya Kishore (owner of bouqtique Bombay Electric) dresses very well. I mean they are not very known for their fashion, but for me, they have an amazing individual style and they don’t ape anybody else. So I like them.”
“If I have to look beyond our generations, then I will look at late Maharani Gayatri Devi, late Maharani of Cooch Behar and Audrey Hepburn,” she added.
Her tryst with all things fashionable started with her sister Rhea’s production venture “Aisha” and post the movie she established herself as a fashion icon for youth.
Sonam’s last film “Players” bombed at the box office and she is currently shooting for Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” with Farhan Akhtar.
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonam wary of 'youth style icon' tag - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Ishkq In Paris' important for Preity and me: Designer (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- I'd like to write an autobiography some day: Sonam - Apr 06, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor turns 26, gets chocolate cake from sister - Jun 09, 2011
- Nothing wrong with western influence: Sonam Kapoor - Jan 24, 2012
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Fashion forward for Bollywood with 'Aisha' (With Images) - Jul 15, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Sonam invited to Salvatore Ferragamo headquarter - Feb 16, 2012
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- Thanks to Sonam, Anil Kapoor gets invited to fashion events - Sep 10, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor wants to play Anarkali with Abhishek as Salim - Aug 03, 2010
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: acting skills, aisha, audrey hepburn, bollywood actress, cooch behar, farhan akhtar, fashion advice, fashion icon, fashion style, fashionable, koechlin, last film, maharani, march 21, omprakash, sister rhea, sonam kapoor, style statement, tryst, unique fashion