Stupidest thief in the world returns to scene asking for lost mobile phone!June 13th, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 13 (ANI): A dumb thief was arrested by cops after he returned to the house he burgled just to ask for his mobile phone.
House owner Peter Diamond from Preston, Lancs was stunned to discover that he had been burgled, until he heard a shout from the garden.
It was the thief Stuart Garden asking if he had left his mobile phone in the house.
“I’m the person who broke in. Can I have my mobile phone back?” asked Garden.
Retired magician Diamond said he was shocked to see the thief had returned.
“I couldn’t believe his cheek. He had some front to come back,” the Mirror quoted Diamond, as saying.
Police later arrested Gardner as he left another nearby house having burgled it.
With a rucksack full of stolen property on his back he told officers: “You’ve got me. I’m the burglar.”
Meanwhile, Gardner has been jailed for three years and three months after pleading guilty to three burglaries and one offence of theft. (ANI)
- Burglar texts cops to get his phone back! - Sep 14, 2010
- I'm not sorry, you're dumb: Thief to victims - Nov 24, 2011
- Judge finds burglars 'courageous', lets one walk free - Sep 06, 2012
- Man in Plane sees his house being burgled - Aug 31, 2011
- Burglar drops his name and contact details - Sep 09, 2010
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Delhi house robbed while family was away - Feb 03, 2011
- Middle class at maximum risk from thieves - Mar 31, 2011
- Householder uses 'Sherlock Holmes' detective trick to nab thief - May 10, 2010
- Burglar who targetted elderly women gets 15 years in jail - Jun 08, 2011
- Lucknow family holds thief captive for two days - Nov 05, 2010
- Susan Boyle forgives burglar for stealing her money - Dec 28, 2010
- Oz burglar sent pics of his penis from stolen mobile phones - Sep 08, 2010
- Burglar in UK drops phone at victim's house, then calls police to report it missing - Sep 14, 2010
- Washington desis up in arms against gold thieves - Nov 01, 2009