Stuntman injured on set of ‘Hangover’ sequel receiving “advanced care”December 29th, 2010 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 29 (ANI): Bosses behind ‘The Hangover’ sequel have confirmed that a stuntman, who was injured in a horrific onset accident, has been moved to a hospital where he is receiving “advanced care”.
Australian action star Scott McLean, who has worked in The Matrix and Ghost Rider, was filming a daring road stunt in Thailand on December 17 when a truck and a car collided.
McLean was taken to a local medical centre to receive treatment for his injuries and later moved to a hospital in Bangkok, where he was reportedly placed in a medically induced coma.
Bosses at the Warner Bros. film studio have now released a statement giving details of the incident.
“There was an accident involving a truck and a car on the second unit set of The Hangover Part II near Bangkok, Thailand…” the Daily Star quoted the statement as reading.
“A stuntman was injured during the filming of this sequence. The truck and car were both driven by stunt drivers.
“An ambulance immediately took the injured stuntman to the local hospital, and he has since been transported to a hospital in Bangkok where advanced care is being provided.
“We are awaiting further details concerning his condition,” it concluded. (ANI)
- Stunt driver for 'The Hangover' sequel in coma - Dec 30, 2010
- German Stunt-Man Samuel Koch Injured While Performing Stunt For TV Show "Wetten, Dass?" - Dec 07, 2010
- Stuntman killed, actress injured in Greater Noida mall (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stuntman dies in Bulgaria while filming 'The Expendables 2' - Oct 28, 2011
- Mel Gibson to star in 'The Hangover 2' - Oct 18, 2010
- 'Hangover II' - nursing a bad hangover (IANS Movie Review - Rating: **) - May 27, 2011
- Gibson in 'The Hangover' sequel? - Oct 19, 2010
- Mel Gibson to star in 'Hangover-2' - Oct 20, 2010
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Avengers stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald injured - Jun 28, 2011
- Mel Gibson to make a Cameo in 'Hangover 2' Filming in Thailand - Oct 19, 2010
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- British broadcaster Jonathan Ross injured during Top Gear stunt - Feb 07, 2011
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 10, 2011
Tags: action star, ambulance, bangkok thailand, daily star, december 17, film studio, ghost rider, hangover, local hospital, london, matrix, medical centre, scott mclean, sequel, stunt drivers, stuntman, warner bros