Stuntman dies in Bulgaria while filming ‘The Expendables 2′October 28th, 2011 - 11:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sofia, Oct 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In an unfortunate incident, a stuntman succumbed to his wounds which he had sustained while filming an action scene for the movie ‘The Expendables 2’. The action sequence for the film was being shot in Bulgaria and the mishap occurred on Thursday. The stars of the movie include Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis amongst others.
According to reports, it was a water-based stunt that was being shot on the Ognyanovo reservoir, which is located near Elin Pelin. In the action scene, an explosion was supposed to take place in a rubber boat. The action director wasn’t prepared for the unfortunate eventuality which resulted in the death of the stunt man.
There was another stuntman on the rubber boat, who fared a little better than his companion. He was also injured and he underwent a five hour surgery. The latest medical reports suggested that his condition was stable.
The production company for the movie – Nu Image/Millennium Films released a statement, which said that, “It is with great regret that we confirm this unfortunate accident. Our hearts go out to the families and those on the production affected by this tragedy. The filmmakers are working closely with the authorities in responding to and investigating this accident”.
- 'The Expendables 2' - a nostalgia reloaded (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 25, 2012
- At 64, Schwarzenegger wants to do stunts himself - Nov 28, 2011
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
- Action heroes pay a price, says Stallone - Jul 12, 2012
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- I 'killed' more people than Stallone: Schwarzenegger (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Stallone plans to be full time director - Jun 25, 2010
- Stallone wants Willis as villain - Sep 05, 2010
- The Expendables Rake In A Total Of 35 Million US Dollars - Aug 16, 2010
- Sly planning for 'Expendables' sequel - Aug 16, 2010
- Sly broke neck while filming fight scenes in The Expendables - Jan 06, 2010
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'Captive'? - Sep 12, 2011
- 'Expendables 2' a break from politics: Schwarzenegger - Aug 19, 2012
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: action director, action sequence, arnold schwarzenegger, bruce willis, companion, eventuality, expendables, explosion, filmmakers, medical reports, millennium, mishap, pelin, rubber boat, sofia, stunt man, stuntman, unfortunate accident, unfortunate incident, wounds