Studies first, movies later, says child prodigy DarsheelApril 20th, 2008 - 8:56 am ICT by admin
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) Studies are the first priority for 11-year-old Darsheel Safary, who endeared himself to audiences in “Taare Zameen Par”. Having fun is second on the list and movies, surprisingly, come last. “My studies are the most important thing for me. I can’t think of anything which is more important than these,” Darsheel told IANS here.
His priorities are quite clear.
“For me, studies come first, then I want to do ‘masti’ (have fun) like my friends and doing movies come last,” quipped the child actor.
Darsheel, a Class 6 student, was in the capital to promote health drink Horlicks, of which he’s just become the brand ambassador.
His mother Sheetal Safary is also very particular about his studies.
“Darsheel has a weekly test every Thursday in school. We try our best to make him concentrate on his studies at least on Wednesday. Otherwise, he mostly works on weekends,” she said.
With his recent tie-up with Horlicks, he has entered the world of advertising through a TV commercial and is really happy about it.
“This is my first ad and I had a lot of fun shooting it,” he said.
Although Darsheel is a popular face in the media, he doesn’t quite enjoy all the attention he receives. “The media is after me ever since I have done ‘Taare Zameen Par’. I don’t like it,” he said.
The little bundle of talent is the youngest person to win and get nominated at the Filmfare Award ceremony, earning a Critics Award for best performance. He is also the first child actor to receive a Best Leading Actor nomination at the prestigious awards.
Though Darsheel kept repeating his advertisement’s tagline - “Drink Horlicks and be cool”, he said his “idea of being cool is all about having spiky hair and dance”.
Darsheel is a product of ace choreographer Shiamak Davar’s dance academy and it was Shiamak who recommended him to Aamir Khan, who debuted as director with “Taare Zameen Par”.
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Darsheel to feature on 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah' (With Images) - Apr 14, 2011
- Darsheel will always be my superhero: Aamir (With Images) - Apr 21, 2011
- Amole Gupte creates another Darsheel - Apr 17, 2011
- Darsheel turns 15, spends birthday in Sri Lanka (With Image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Darsheel Safary's wish - to be a superhero in real life - Jan 25, 2010
- Darsheel woos Madhuri, Priyanka (TV Snippets) (With image) - Jun 11, 2012
- Darsheel Safary excited about playing superhero in 'Zokkomon' - Feb 15, 2010
- Darsheel impresses LA audiences with superhero act in 'Zokkomon' - Apr 25, 2011
- Darsheel Safary wants 'different' identity for himself - Apr 14, 2010
- Jackie Chan's stunt director trained Darsheel (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- Aamir Khan Takes A Keen Interest In Darsheel's Release - May 14, 2010
- Lack of star power mars Darsheel-starrer 'Bumm Bumm Bole' - May 17, 2010
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Disney India unveils first look of 'Zokkomon' - Jan 23, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, audiences, award ceremony, best performance, child actor, child prodigy, choreographer, critics award, dance academy, davar, filmfare award, having fun, health drink, horlicks, New Delhi, nomination, prestigious awards, radhika, safary, tagline