StreetDance 3D dethrones Robin Hood to top UK Box OfficeMay 25th, 2010 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 25 (ANI): StreetDance 3D, a movie starring winners of Britain’s Got Talent, has become the top gainer at the UK box office after flying past Robin Hood.
The movie, made with a budget of just 4.5 million pounds, has become a bigger hit than Russell Crowe starrer Robin Hood. The production cost of Robin Hood is more than 200 million dollars.
The movie features Diversity, the winners of reality show Britain’s Got Talent.
StreetDance 3D had a box office collection of 1.8 million pounds on its opening weekend and it had a total collection of 2.4 million pounds, reports The Telegraph.
The movie has been sold to almost 30 countries.
“The success of StreetDance 3D has far exceeded our expectations,” producer James Richardson said.
“The fact that an independent British film has beaten the US heavyweights just shows how well StreetDance 3D has connected with audiences across the country,” he added.
“It’s another shining example of how Lottery funding can make all the difference in discovering and nurturing new creative talent in the UK,” John Woodward, chief executive of the Lottery-funded UK Film Council said. (ANI)
- 'Sex And The City 2' still on top in Britain - Jun 09, 2010
- Simon Cowell 'to set up production company' - Sep 12, 2010
- Russell Crowe to play lead in 'The Equalizer' - Jun 17, 2010
- Heather Mills' fashion faux pas at London red carpet - May 12, 2010
- 'Breaking Dawn...' sets new record - Nov 22, 2011
- Gaga to donate 625,000 pounds to help homeless youth - Apr 28, 2011
- Russell Crowe fancies working in a Bollywood film - May 14, 2010
- Olympics: British PM announces more cash for athletes - Aug 13, 2012
- Simon Cowell supports lottery game - Oct 04, 2011
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- Russell Crowe to direct wife's music video - Apr 17, 2010
- "Robin Hood" Fails To Impress - May 16, 2010
- Jackpot worth $2.5 mn goes unclaimed in China - Aug 01, 2011
- 'Shrek Forever After' leads US box office - May 31, 2010
- 'Inception' tops weekend box office by raking in $43.5 mn - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: 5 million, audiences, britain s got talent, british film, chief executive, creative talent, film council, gainer, heavyweights, james richardson, john woodward, lottery, million dollars, office london, reality show, robin hood, russell crowe, streetdance, uk box office, uk film