Street Sweeper Social Club performs at Jimmy Fallon’s ShowJune 19th, 2009 - 2:55 am ICT by GD
The Street Sweeper Social Club made their appearance on the “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” on Wednesday, June 17 at 12:35 ET/ 11:35 CST. They rocked the show completely with their dynamic performance, which left the audience swooning for more. The band crooned to the number “100 Little Curses” as they mesmerized the cast, crew and all the people present on the set.
It was the band’s national television debut, via the stage of the Jimmy Fallon show on NBC. On Thursday, June 18, MTv will be premiering the video of the Street Sweeper Social Club song, “100 Little Curses”. The video will get featured all day in the segments “Unleashed” and “All Day Premiere” on MTvU.
The Street Sweeper Social Club band has been founded by Tom Morello, the former guitarist of the band, Rage Against The Machines. The new band comprises of members Tom Morello and Boots Riley. Riley is a rapper with the hip hop group “the Coup”, which is based in Oakland, California.
After a performance during their recent NIN / JANE’S ADDICTION tour, Riley told the attending fans, “This is not a performance, this is a meeting. Thank you for attending.” The band’s brief performance comprised of some fist thumping catch lines and few familiar sounding tag lines.
The NIN/ JANE’S ADDICTION tour got over for the band on the 14th of June and they were back in action on the 16th of June, performing for their CD release show. The music release premiere for their debut album was held at the Gramercy Theatre in the New York City. The musical gig for the night had also featured the opener Shinobi Ninja.
- Bruce Springsteen Scheduled To Have A Chat Next Week About 'The Promise' On Jimmy Fallon's Show - Nov 11, 2010
- Jimmy Fallon And Justin Timberlake's Rap Medley - Oct 01, 2010
- Jimmy Falon Will Host The 62nd Emmys on August 29 - May 05, 2010
- Jimmy Fallons Hosts Emmy Awards - Aug 30, 2010
- Mila Kunis & 'Friends with benefits' star Justin Timberlake attend premiere - Jul 22, 2011
- Kanye West falls onstage in Norway - Aug 12, 2011
- Jimmy Fallon to host Oscars next year? - Aug 06, 2012
- Justin Timberlake's hip-hop act on Jimmy Fallon's show goes viral - Oct 01, 2010
- US Fulbright-mtvU fellow to study LGBT music in India - Aug 14, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow shows off her rap skills on TV show - May 03, 2010
- Bruce Springsteen To Grace "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon"? - Nov 11, 2010
- Abe Vigoda makes Meredith Vieira final Today episode special - Jun 09, 2011
- Barrymore marries Kopelman - Jun 03, 2012
- MTV VMA 2010 Awards to be a blockbuster show with Eminem & Justin Beiber's performances - Sep 13, 2010
- Adam Levine, girlfriend split - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: cd release, curses, debut album, dynamic performance, gramercy theatre, hip hop group, jimmy fallon, mtv, mtvu, music release, musical gig, national television debut, oakland california, rage against the machines, release premiere, riley riley, shinobi, street sweeper, tag lines, tom morello