“Strangers On A Train” Inspires A New VersionOctober 10th, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film, “Strangers On A Train”, has now inspired BBC Films and Slingshot Productions to create a new film “Teens On A Train”. The classic movie was released in 1951 by Warner Brothers. It starred the classic actors like Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, Robert Walker, Leo G. Carroll, Patricia Hitchcock and Laura Elliott. The classic film was an adaptation of the novel, which was originally written by Patricia Highsmith. The novel was also adapted into a drama by Robert Allan Ackerman.
“Teens On A Train” will neither be a complete remake of the 1951 classic, nor will it be its sequel after half a century. The new movie will just borrow certain ideas and situation and would mold it into a film, suitable for the present scenario. The upcoming flick is still in its pre-production stage and its shooting will tentatively start on 2011. The script of the new film will be written by Joshua St Johnston. The new movie will also take certain ideas from the original novel written by Patricia Highsmith.
In the original film, “Strangers On A Train”, two strangers meet in a train and decide to murder two people, who were making their lives miserable. It was a ‘criss-cross’ deal with each other, to plot a murder against each of their enemy. Sources have said that in “Teens On A Train”, two teenagers, a boy and a girl would be in a train but the girl turns out to be a psychopath. The context in which the strangers meet in both the films are almost similar. Certain other similarities will also be seen, insiders have revealed.
- Alfred Hitchcock Flick "Strangers On A Train" Shown On TCM - Apr 18, 2010
- Anthony Hopkins Might Enact The Role Of Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Cinema, literature on a par, building new synergy' - Feb 26, 2012
- Crowe in talks to play Harker? - Feb 14, 2012
- Hopkins likely to play Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Grant snubs Polanski for romantic comedies - Apr 04, 2010
- 'The Zookeeper's Wife' to be released soon - Sep 24, 2010
- Anthony Hopkins to play Hitchcock - Dec 08, 2011
- Johnny Depp to star in remake of 'The Thin Man' - May 12, 2011
- Elijah Wood to star in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- Easy A Scores At The Box Office - Sep 20, 2010
- Robert Pattinson Is On Cloud Nine With His Latest 'Cosmopolis' - Jan 06, 2011
- Grant turns down chance to star in Polanski's 'The Ghost Writer' - Apr 05, 2010
- At 86, Badal Sircar frenziedly writes, reads plays - Mar 10, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,