Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets)May 19th, 2012 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 19 (IANS) Veteran actress Shabana Azmi feels that people in the music fraternity are creating confusion over the share of profits earned by music directors and lyricists on their work, as proposed in the copyright amendment bill.
“Because of the copyright act, great musicians like O.P. Nayyar, who lived in bad conditions, in a bad house, will get a royalty. Many people (filmmakers) are trying to confuse the issue and are saying: ‘If a film does not do well, will you deduct your fees’,” said Shabana.
Shabana’s husband and veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar has been successful at pushing for an amendment in the copyright laws to give music directors and lyricists a share of the profits earned on their work.
The amendment to the copyright act was passed by the Rajya Sabha Thursday and will now go to the Lok Sabha.
The actress clarified: “The royalty is not being demanded for the film. It is being demanded for the times the song will be exploited outside the film,” she explained.
‘Inception’ inspires Kunder, but not for remake
Christopher Nolan’s “Inception” has had such an impact on Shirish Kunder that the filmmaker has now started working on a new film inspired by the same. But he insists it’s not a remake.
“About this new script I’m working on, its not a remake of ‘Inception’. Just of a similar genre. Its an absolutely original story and treatment,” Shirish tweeted.
If reports are to be believed the editor-turned-filmmaker has set his sights on Bollywood’s Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan, to play the lead role in the movie.
Divya Dutta not part of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’
Actress Divya Dutta has denied being a part of Kabir Khan’s “Ek Tha Tiger”.
“To set the record straight, I am not a part of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’! Everyone keeps asking me that! Shooting for ‘Heroine’ and ‘Special Chabees’,” tweeted Divya.
“Ek Tha Tiger” is a romantic thriller, starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif.
- 'Joker' to release Aug 30, 2012 - Oct 30, 2011
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Kick' not postponed: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2011
- Rajya Sabha clears copyright bill, B-Town hails Javed Akhtar - May 18, 2012
- Sonakshi's prediction rings true for 'Ek Tha Tiger' - Aug 21, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- Marriage talk makes Katrina uncomfortable (Movie Snippets) - Aug 12, 2012
- Nadiadwala replaces Kunder as 'Kick' director - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Ek Tha...' trailer to come out on June 29 (Movie Snippets) - Jun 17, 2012
- Kunder proud of 'assistant' Karan Malhotra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- Shadab Faridi to sing for 'Dabangg 2' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 13, 2012
- Amended Copyright Act blessing for artists: Vishal Bhardwaj - Feb 15, 2011
- Salman roars in 'Ek Tha Tiger', teaser gets roaring response - May 11, 2012
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- Get a taste of romance, action with 'Ek Tha Tiger' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, christopher nolan, copyright act, copyright amendment bill, copyright issue, divya dutta, kabir khan, katrina kaif, Lok Sabha, lyricists, music directors, music fraternity, o p nayyar, perfectionist, rajya sabha, romantic thriller, salman khan, salman khan and katrina kaif, shabana azmi, veteran actress