Stone’s near death experienceJuly 10th, 2012 - 5:29 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 10 (IANS)Actor Sharon Stone says she almost experienced death when she suffered from brain aneurysm in 2001.
The 54-year-old believes she saw the much talked about white light and people who had already passed away.
“They thought I had a ruptured vessel that had bled itself out. During the next operation they found an artery that was pumping blood into my brain. They put in platinum to shut it off. I was close to death at one point and saw the white light that people claim they see,” Stone told the Daily Express.
“Compared to that illness, nothing has been so difficult. It was as if I had been shot in the head.I did see people who I knew had died, as close and real as any living thing,” she added.
- Farmer's wife treated for rare brain disease - Aug 09, 2011
- New catheter technique less invasive and risky than age-old brain surgery - Mar 26, 2009
- Stone was 'broken' after losing son's custody - Jan 21, 2012
- Smokers carrying common gene variants at greater aneurysm risk - Feb 27, 2010
- Sharon Stone sued by former nanny - May 25, 2012
- For aortic grafts, patient's own veins are a much better idea - Dec 31, 2009
- Slightly high BP raises chances of stroke - Sep 29, 2011
- Baldwin's big plans for wife Hilaria - Jul 22, 2012
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Even blowing nose could trigger stroke - May 06, 2011
- Sharon felt 'ugly' after surgery - Jan 22, 2012
- Minimally invasive stroke treatment effective than surgery - May 30, 2009
- Stone breaks down on stage - Jul 24, 2012
- Oral contraceptives, HRT may protect women against brain disorder - Jul 31, 2010
- Pakistan hit by haemorrhagic strokes - Oct 31, 2011