Stone opens about battle with panic attacksJune 23rd, 2012 - 5:28 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 23 (IANS) Actress Emma Stone says she began having panic attacks when she was eight but with the help of therapy and her decision to pursue acting as a teen, she managed to work through it.
“I was just kind of immobilised by it. I did not want to go to my friends’ houses or hang out with anybody, and nobody really understood,” she reveals in the latest issue of Vogue magazine, reports eonline.com.
“Being on stage gave me a sense of purpose. I wanted to make people laugh. Comedy was my sport. It taught me how to roll with the punches. Failure is the exact same as success when it comes to comedy because it just keeps coming. It never stops,” she said.
However, the 23-year-old says the occasional attack does happen from time to time, like while working on her most recent film, “The Amazing Spider-Man”.
“I think I felt really out of control of my surroundings,” she said.
- Stone says Garfield helped her improve - Aug 05, 2011
- Stone bakes cake to cope with anxiety - Jun 30, 2012
- Garfield designed '...Spider-Man' skateboard - Jun 30, 2012
- Dad would kill me if I pose nude: Emma Stone - Oct 10, 2011
- Comics are recent mythology, says 'Spider-Man' actress Emma (With Images) - Jun 16, 2012
- Kim laughs off white powder incident - Mar 24, 2012
- Jennifer Garner plans to return to action genre - Aug 08, 2012
- Emma Stone plans to study biology - Jun 18, 2012
- Gomez doesn't want to talk about Bieber - Jun 26, 2012
- Emma Stone's death fears - Jun 11, 2012
- Acting on Bieber's priority list - Aug 10, 2012
- Emma Stone likes being redhead - May 13, 2012
- Break up was visceral: Emma Stone - Aug 28, 2012
- Emma Stone wants to turn producer - Aug 06, 2011
- Emma Stone goes blond for her upcoming role in Spiderman - Dec 08, 2010