Stingy Gaga!April 19th, 2012 - 8:38 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 19 (IANS) She can afford all luxury, but singer Lady Gaga is stingy when it comes to personal expenses. She has hardly spent from the millions of dollars she has earned since rising to fame, and still lives in the same flat she purchased six years ago.
The 26-year-old singer loves spending cash on her tours and lavish sets, but rarely buys things for herself with her earnings.
“I didn’t get into this business for the money, so I don’t spend a thing. But I am so happy. I am not bankrupt. Actually I spend no money at all,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
“It’s really funny because my manager often calls me and is like, ‘Did you lose your credit card? Did you cut it up? Did you lose it?’ He is like, ‘Why don’t you spend any money?’ It’s because I don’t. I have not gone crazy,” she said.
The pop superstar even continues to live in the one-bedroom flat she has had in New York before she became famous.
“I live in the same apartment as I did six years ago and the bedroom is about the size of a small radio studio with the kitchen about four feet away,” she added.
- No more interviews for Gaga - Mar 15, 2012
- Donald Trump discovered Gaga! - Dec 19, 2011
- No lavish house for Lady Gaga - Apr 28, 2011
- Lady Gaga gifts a sheep to Jonathan Ross - Oct 12, 2011
- Lady Gaga 'falls flat on her back after jumping off piano at live show' - Apr 12, 2011
- Gaga loves being alone - May 06, 2012
- Did Lady Gaga become bankrupt with her latest tour? - May 31, 2011
- JLo tops list of world's most powerful celebrities - May 17, 2012
- Gaga hit by pole, suffers concussion - Jun 11, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey says she advised Fergie not to appear on reality TV shows - Dec 28, 2010
- Lady Gaga wants to have a 'soccer team' of kids - Mar 16, 2012
- I have weird superstitions about sex, says Lady Gaga - Aug 14, 2010
- I spend every dollar that I make on stage, says Lady Gaga - Feb 18, 2010
- Danielle Lineker says she is no kept woman - Jan 22, 2011
- Mariah Carey obsessed with pregnancy books - Nov 01, 2010