Steven Tyler dismisses Aerosmith break up rumoursJanuary 13th, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 13 (ANI): Rock star Steven Tyler, who is set to join the ‘American Idol’ judging panel, has dismissed reports that his band Aerosmith have split.
“We are just on a break. We are still rocking big time,” the BBC quoted the singer as saying in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
The 62-year-old said Aerosmith would begin recording a new album at the end of the month and has a tour lined up.
Relations are said to be strained within the band, which has not recorded a studio album since 2001.
“It’s not dead. It couldn’t be dead,” Tyler said of the band that has sold more than 150 million albums since forming in 1970.
The rock star will join the talent show when its 10th series begins on 19 January, along with actress and singer Jennifer Lopez. (ANI)
- Steven Tyler quits 'American Idol' - Jul 13, 2012
- Indian music speaks to soul: rock icon Steven Tyler (Interview) - May 21, 2011
- American Idol: Tough Competition Ahead Among The Best Talents - Nov 13, 2010
- Lopez, Tyler new 'American Idol' judges - Sep 23, 2010
- Sir Elton John finds 'American Idol' boring - Oct 20, 2010
- Rocker Steven Tyler signs a deal with Fox to be the American Idol judge - Aug 22, 2010
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler Of Aerosmith Marks The Rocking Beginning Of "American Idol" Season 10 - Jan 21, 2011
- Steven Tyler The Next 'Idol' Judge? - Aug 19, 2010
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Amerian Idol Unveils Steven Tyler's Vulnerable Side - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler's 'American Idol' Reincarnation - Jan 19, 2011
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Another Fresh Song Of Jennifer Lopez Titled ‘Venus’ Leaks - Jan 17, 2011
- Lopez to get $12 mn for judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2010