Steven Spielberg’s old fashioned waysJuly 3rd, 2011 - 2:01 am ICT by IANS
London, July 3 (IANS) Hollywood mogul Steven Spielberg thinks making films has got easier as technology advances, but he prefers the old-fashioned craft he grew up with.
The “E.T” director believes many people can now make films by even using a mobile phone to shoot something, reports contactmusic.com.
“All kids have to do these days is take their cellphone, flip it open and make a movie, but I like the way it started,” he said.
“It wasn’t a point-and-click art form, it was a craft. It involved solvents, photo-chemistry, cutting out poster board with industrial scissors and getting your fingers fused with Elmer’s glue. It was all homemade stuff. If I was a chef, a microwave would be my worst enemy. I would want to do it the old-fashioned way,” he added.
- Indian designers need to tap own tradition: Australia Fashion Week founder (Interview) - Mar 25, 2012
- Elmer Geronimo Pratt dies - Jun 04, 2011
- Pattinson's old fashioned body - May 01, 2011
- 'E.T. The Extra Terrestrial' in digital avatar - Jun 01, 2012
- Children of a lesser god... on Kolkata's streets - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011
- E.T. replica rescued by coastguards - Jan 03, 2012
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
- Steven Spielberg to debut in Comic-Con event - Jul 15, 2011
- Steven Spielberg 'buys rights to WikiLeaks book' - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Force' - action speaks louder than words (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Oct 01, 2011
- 1,000-day performance milestone reached by BrainGate system - Mar 25, 2011
- Akshay Kumar loves collecting Bollywood posters (Film Snippets) - Apr 01, 2010
- Gautham Menon to relaunch Aditya Roy Kapoor - Jan 24, 2012
- Over 90 pc street kids in Karachi are drug addicts: Study - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: art form, cellphone, click art, films, fingers, glue, hollywood, hollywood mogul, london, microwave, mobile phone, photo chemistry, point and click, poster board, scissors, solvents, steven spielberg, technology advances, worst enemy