Steve hid pain and suffering behind bubbly persona: Bob IrvinApril 7th, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Apr 7 (ANI): Late Steve Irvins father has revealed that the Crocodile Hunter concealed a lot of pain behind his vivacious and bubbly personality.
In an interview to ABC TV, Bob Irvin said that Steve went through “a lot of pain and suffering” behind his public life.
“People don’t realise just how much he gave of himself,” News.com.au quoted Bob as saying.
“He was always very good in front of the media, and a lot of the pain and suffering didn’t show through,” he added.
He also said Steve wouldnt mind him splitting from Australia Zoo. It is believed that he was upset with the career of Steve Irwin’s nine-year-old daughter Bindi.
“I honestly don’t believe Steve minds where I am,” Bob said.
“I think he’d be more than content as long as he knows that I’m continuing with the work that he’d want me to continue with.
“I don’t think he’d care really where I did it, as long as it gets done. I would much rather catch crocodiles than sit here talking to the camera.
“I just feel that if I can live the rest of my life out doing what Steve would actually want me to do, and do that successfully, then I would be prepared to go and shake hands with him again,” he added.
Bob Irwin and wife Judy now plan to continue their conservation work on a property near Kingaroy, north of Brisbane. (ANI)
- Crocodile hunter hid pain and suffering, says father - Apr 07, 2008
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- I've had arthritis since I was 15: Danielle Lineker - Dec 28, 2010
- A TV show on Bob Biswas' life? - Apr 15, 2012
- Bindi Irwin to make movie debut in Free Willy 4 - Mar 21, 2009
- Bob Irwin receives $1m retirement package - Apr 10, 2008
- Terri Irwin says she's not ready to find new love - May 30, 2010
- Ringo Starr rules out writing autobiography - Jun 08, 2010
- Paine plays down suggestions of becoming Oz captain - Jan 01, 2011
- 27-foot crocs roamed east Africa - May 07, 2012
- The crocs of Bhitarkanika: A problem of plenty? (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Khale a maestro till his last breath: Mahadevan - Sep 04, 2011
- Russell Crowe fighting to save Steve Irwin's reserve from mining - Apr 20, 2009
- Close call for Sea Shepherd on Whale Wars - Jun 19, 2010
- 'I thought I was dead' says sick Peter Andre - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: abc tv, australia zoo, brisbane, bubbly personality, conservation work, crocodile, crocodile hunter, crocodiles, daughter bindi, kingaroy, melbourne, pain and suffering, rest of my life, steve irvins, steve irwin, wife judy