Steve Harvey returns to L.A. radioAugust 10th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by IBNS
Aug 10 (IBNS) Actor, comedian and radio personality Steve Harvey is back after being dropped by KDAY, the comedian’s syndicated morning show returns on KJLH.
And that voice returns to L.A. Ten weeks after being dropped by KDAY-FM (93.5), his 6-10 a.m. weekday program returns on KJLH-FM (102.3), the urban contemporary radio station owned by Stevie Wonder’s Taxi Productions, reports the LA Times.
“The two Stevies are making it happen,” he quipped.
Harvey and KJLH officials hoped that what happens is more akin to the experience he had in his first L.A. radio venture, not the one at KDAY.
“L.A. has a dear place in my heart. I wouldn’t have a nationally syndicated show if it had not been so successful locally in L.A. It was a huge monster of a show in L.A. that is now a huge syndicated show,” he said.
Harvey, 53, began his career as a stand-up comedian in the mid-1980s, which led him to star in two well-received TV sitcoms, including “The Steve Harvey Show,” which ran on the WB for six years from 1996 to 2002.
Harvey then tokk his plunge into the world of film, where he acted in “Johnson Family Vacation” in 2004 and lent his voice to “Racing Stripes” in 2005.
KJLH’s ratings are generally lower than KDAY’s, but Harvey isn’t worried that his KDAY history will repeat itself.
- Steve Harvey Morning Show - Nov 05, 2009
- Steve Harvey's Ex-Wife Lashes Out Against Him In YouTube Video - Jan 25, 2011
- Mary Harvey Resorts To Internet For Accusing Former Husband Steve Harvey - Jan 25, 2011
- Steve Harvey ex-wife's settles scores by posting videos on YouTube - Jan 25, 2011
- Tom Joyner invites Steve Harvey ex-wife Mary Harvey on his show - Feb 01, 2011
- Now, Akshay to appear on 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom' finale (TV snippets) - Jul 20, 2010
- Steve Harvey gears up to lose 21 pounds in 21 days - Oct 17, 2010
- Nick Cannon recovering after kidney problem - Jan 10, 2012
- Mumbai RJ gets PETA award for saving parrot - Jun 15, 2011
- Katie Price files complaint against TV channel - Dec 10, 2010
- Frankie Boyle named most offensive comic in Britain - Apr 14, 2011
- US man fooled into tattooing radio station logo across his forehead - Sep 29, 2010
- Sheen to return to 'Two And A Half Men'? - Apr 14, 2011
- Melanie Amaro is the US X Factor winner - Dec 23, 2011
- Akon quits new radio job - Feb 26, 2010
Tags: contemporary radio station, fm 102, ibns, johnson family vacation, kday fm, kjlh, la times, mid 1980s, morning show, place in my heart, racing stripes, radio personality, stand up comedian, steve harvey, steve harvey show, stevie wonder, stevies, tv sitcoms, voice returns, weekday program