Steve Carell to play marriage therapistFebruary 22nd, 2011 - 9:46 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 22 (IANS) Actor Steve Carell is set to star in romantic comedy “Great Hope Springs” with Meryl Streep.The 48-year-old funnyman is in talks to play a marriage therapist who tries to help a husband and wife rekindle their 31-year relationship in the film, reports contactmusic.com.
While Streep has signed up to play the wife it is not yet known who will play her husband though Jeff Bridges has reportedly been considered.
Vanessa Taylor wrote the script to the movie, which will be produced by Guymon Casady and Todd Black.
“Devil Wears Prada” filmmaker David Frankel will direct the project.
- Meryl Streep, Tina Fey to act in 'Mommy & Me' - Jul 30, 2010
- Streep loves life at 63 - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Devil Wears Prada' taught me to run in heels: Hathaway - May 22, 2012
- Mike Nichols Receives AFI Life Achievement Award, TV Land Airs Tribute - Jun 27, 2010
- Meryl Streep to be honored with a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival - Jan 02, 2012
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- French film 'The Artist' leads 69 Golden Globe Awards nomination - Dec 16, 2011
- 'Crazy Stupid Love' - poignant and hilarious (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 16, 2011
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- Steve Carell to quit 'The Office' - Apr 30, 2010
- Bullock makes history, her film crosses $200 mn mark - Jan 06, 2010
- 'The Artist' wins best costume design, 'The Iron Lady' makeup - Feb 27, 2012
- Jennifer to star in 'Ends of the Earth' - Aug 07, 2012
- Meryl Streep To Play Margaret Thatcher - Jul 04, 2010
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: black devil, casady, david frankel, devil wears prada, filmmaker, funnyman, guymon, hope springs, husband and wife, jeff bridges, london feb, marriage, marriage therapist, meryl streep, relationship, romantic comedy, steve carell, vanessa taylor