Steve Carell: ‘The Daily Show is too cruel’August 3rd, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The popular Hollywood actor Steve Carell has said that he feels the Daily Show is too cruel. The actor who is popularly known for his role in the show “seeking a friend for the end of the world” said that it’s one thing poking fun at people who deserve it and another thing shooting fish in a barrel.
According to him, the latter is utter cruelty. His sentiments have led viewers to speculate whether Steve Carell is being ungrateful to the show that gave him his big break. The irony is that Steve Carell himself was so good at shooting fish in a barrel. The Hollywood star who is being viewed as taking the accolades as the nicest guy in Hollywood opines that he finds cruel for individuals to be shooting fish in a barrel.
However, this has raised a lot of debate on whether the popular actor has turned his back to the show that gave him his big breakthrough. His sentiments came about after a recent interview, which he attended and complained about the cruelty of the show. His comments haven’t been taken kindly by the people though some believe that he was simply being honest.
- Steve Carell Not Sure If He Is Funny - Sep 14, 2010
- Ricky Gervais To Do Cameo In US Version Of "The Office" - Jan 20, 2011
- NBC renews "The Office", "Parks and Recreation" and "Community - Mar 19, 2011
- Steve Carell Declares Retirement From "The Office" - Apr 29, 2010
- Steve Carell to quit 'The Office' - Apr 30, 2010
- Harvey Keitel To Replace Steve Carell On "The Office"? - Sep 03, 2010
- Steve Carell All Set To Bid Adieu To "The Office" - Jun 29, 2010
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Office: the Movie' coming out soon - Sep 04, 2010