Stella McCartney to make tennis dressJune 16th, 2011 - 6:07 am ICT by IANS
London, June 16 (IANS) Fashion designer Stella McCartney will customise dress for female tennis stars to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships.
The British designer has tied up with the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) alongside other designers including Giles Deacon, Dame Vivienne Westwood and Matthew Williamson, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“WTA’s partnership with the British Fashion Council provides our players with a unique opportunity to work with some of London’s most talented creative minds,” said Stacy Allaster, Chairman and CEO of the WTA.
“Women’s tennis has always had a link to the fashion of the time, and we are very pleased to be able to collaborate with the British Fashion Council to share our players’ interest in fashion and style with some of the world’s best fashion designers,” Allaster added.
Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council, added the collaboration was a great opportunity to highlight the importance of the link between fashion and sport.
“This project is an ideal opportunity to build relationships between our British designers and some of today’s most iconic female athletes. The link between fashion and sport is increasingly important and never more so than at the most famous of the tennis tournaments - Wimbledon,” said Rush.
Wimbledon starts next Monday.
- Vivienne Westwood shoes to go on display - Aug 25, 2010
- Li Na becomes first Chinese to qualify for WTA Championships - Oct 06, 2011
- McEnroe's 'women weaker than men' claim leaves fairer sex fuming - Aug 28, 2010
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- Brit designer says fashion industry has forced unrealistic image on women - Feb 13, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Vivienne Westwood thinks Kate Middleton needs to 'catch up with style' - Feb 22, 2011
- Allaster appointed new WTA head - Jul 13, 2009
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- WTA Copenhagen to retain hard court surface: Organisers - Jan 02, 2012
- Now Dutch designers join hands with Indian fashion industry (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- How celebs find the perfect Oscars dress - Feb 27, 2011
- Kate Moss to design her own wedding dress - Feb 20, 2011
- Westwood won't design Middleton's wedding dress - Feb 23, 2011
- Gwen Stefani feels not being competent enough - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,