Staying fit Mithun ishtyleMarch 31st, 2009 - 2:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Mithun Chakraborty nowadays seems to be undergoing through a reverse aging process just like in the multi Oscar nominated The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He is not only looking fitter but also more powerfully built than ever before. When probed the secret behind the same the multi National Award winning actor revealed that it is because he is on a new health and diet regime for his warrior like role in Veer. A source reveals it has been Salman Khan who has been the inspiration for Mithun’s new fitness regime.
“I always make it a point to hit the bed by 11 pm and I am up by 5 am. Presently I have increased my weight training, but my cardio of 45 minutes is the same. I don’t eat breakfast, in fact since my struggling days, I have never eaten breakfast and in case I do, my stomach gets upset. So my first meal is at lunch, when I eat my two rotis, dal and sabji. My day snack is Sandwiches. However, I save the best for last. My dinner is two bowls of rice with my favourite, fish curry. I have cut down on chicken and mutton. My daily calorie intake is 1500 and I manage within that.” Mithunda reveals.
He has been in the industry for three long decades now and admits to have never done physical workouts when he was a young guy. But he candidly says, “Today things have changed for people in the limelight and a good body is a must.”
We just hope his son Mimoh takes a few cues from him and gets back in shape for his next release.
- Mimoh signs Bengali film, wants to do more regional movies - Jul 20, 2011
- Zeta Jones diet secret - bacon sandwich - Jul 25, 2010
- I'm arguably Mithun-da's biggest fan: Sajid Khan - Mar 17, 2012
- Feasting all night long - at Jama Masjid of course (Feature) (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- "To Have Mutton I Can Go Anywhere": Kavita Kaushik - Jul 08, 2010
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- Catherine Zeta Jones says she loves bacon butty - Jul 24, 2010
- Mimoh feels burdened as star kid - Jul 30, 2011
- Divorce took a toll on Longoria's health - Jan 04, 2012
- Reshmi Deasi : Mithun Ki Deewani! - Nov 04, 2010
- Beat diabetes with a wheat and rice free diet - Aug 05, 2011
- Strict diet not healthy, says Brook - Jun 20, 2012
- Anupam Kher to be honoured in Toronto (Movie Snippets) - Apr 16, 2011
- Bollywood dancing very tough, says Australian actress - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: aging process, bowls, cardio, cues, curious case of benjamin button, daily calorie intake, diet regime, fitness regime, limelight, mimoh, mithun chakraborty, mithunda, mutton, new fitness, new health, salman khan, sandwiches, staying fit, weight training, workouts