Star Treks William Shatner once contemplated suicide over tinnitus troubleMarch 6th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 6 (ANI): Star Trek icon William Shatner has admitted that he got so irritated with his hearing problems due to tinnitus that he contemplated suicide at one point of time.
The actor has revealed that the used to stay awake at night because of the permanent hiss of tinnitus, caused by an explosion on the set of Star Trek.
Talking to Globe magazine, Shatner said that used to fear that he”d never be able to shake the noise.
“It was like listening to the hiss of a TV that’’s not tuned to a channel. I thought I”d go deaf or nuts. I thought of killing myself, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
And then he underwent tinnitus refraining therapy, which helped him retrain his brain to ignore the buzzing.
“Now the condition doesn”t affect me, said the actor. (ANI)
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- Novel treatment halts 'phantom' noises in ears - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Doctored' music may ease tinnitus suffering - Dec 29, 2009
- William Shatner thinks that Star Trek is the best science fiction movie of all time - Nov 17, 2011
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Tomlinson's hearing problem - Aug 02, 2012
- Nerve stimulation may thwart tinnitus: Study - Jan 13, 2011
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- William Shatner a stock market billionaire? - Mar 30, 2011
- Rock music fan Robert McIndoe takes his own life because of his tinnitus - Nov 18, 2011
- Regular mobile phone use may cause buzz in ears - Jul 20, 2010
- William Shatner to get lifetime achievement award - Mar 05, 2010
- Anthony Hopkins hated theatre work - Feb 02, 2011
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009