Star Trek to return to TV?March 24th, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 24 (ANI): Star Trek series is all set to return to the small screen, as a Hollywood writer is looking to produce a new TV show to tie in with the forthcoming flick.
While a prequel flick, directed by Lost creator J.J. Abrams, is set to hit cinemas this summer (09), screenwriter Bryan Fuller is hoping to capitalize on the flicks success with a Star Trek TV series.
“I told my agent and told the people of J.J. Abrams” team I want to create another Star Trek series and have an idea that I”m kicking around. I would love to return to the spirit of the old series with the colours and attitude. I loved Voyager and Deep Space Nine, but they seem to have lost the ”60s fun and I would love to take it back to its origin, The Daily Star quoted Fuller, as saying.
“I would love to do it in the same era as the J.J. Abrams movie, but on another starship on a completely different adventure, Fuller added.
The Star Trek series, featuring William Shatner, became a cult hit after it was first aired in 1966, and since then it has spawned 6 spin-off shows and 10 films. (ANI)
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- William Shatner to turn 'Raw Nerve' interviewer - May 25, 2009
- William Shatner slams reports of feud with new 'Star Trek' cast - Apr 27, 2009
- Zoe Saldana to join cast of 'Infinitely Polar Bear' - Jun 18, 2011
- The Return Of Simon In M:I 4 - Jul 20, 2010
- Would Josh Holloway join Cruise? - Sep 29, 2010
- Star Trek boldly goes for a new generation - May 10, 2009
- Star Trek director denies Captain Kirk return - May 01, 2009
- Star Trek: Shatner's Motorcycle for Sale - Apr 27, 2010
- Star Trek's Captain Kirk pays tribute to Shuttle Discovery - Mar 08, 2011
- Eric Bana had 'fun' playing baddie in new 'Star Trek' movie - Apr 27, 2009
- William Shatner believes aliens exist - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: 60s, attitude, bryan fuller, colours, cult, daily star, deep space nine, flick, flicks, hollywood writer, j j abrams, j j abrams movie, new tv show, screenwriter, star trek, star trek series, starship, tv series, voyager, william shatner