”Star Trek” inspired Barbies unveiledJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 23 (ANI): Three new Barbie dolls for the upcoming Star Trek film, which hits theatres on May 8, have been released.
The new dolls Chris Pine’’s Captain Kirk, Zachary Quinto’’s Spock and Zoe Saldana’’s Uhura are characters from the film, reports the New York Daily News.
The dolls, which comes equipped with their own phaser and communicator, have been released by CBS and Mattel.
And unlike most Barbie dolls, the crew from the Enterprise has a grown-up fan’’s price tag: 43.19 dollars a pop.
This is not the first time Mattel has released Star Trek Barbie dolls.
In 1996 they released Ken and Barbie dressed up in Federation gear to celebrate the TV show’’s 30th anniversary. (ANI)
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Barbie and Ken may reunite - Feb 07, 2011
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- Zachary Quinto's fingers were glued to get 'Star Trek' salute right - May 08, 2009
- Ken and Barbie's fate put to Facebook vote - Feb 09, 2011
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Zoe Saldana ends 11-year relationship - Nov 15, 2011
- Leonard Nimoy surprises fans with special Star Trek screening - Apr 09, 2009
- Zoe Saldana to join cast of 'Infinitely Polar Bear' - Jun 18, 2011
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Bruce Greenwood joins JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 14, 2007
- Are Barbie and Ken getting together again after 43 yrs? - Feb 07, 2011
- Barbie Doll all set to come as a Computer Engineer version too - Feb 16, 2010
- Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footage - Nov 12, 2008
Tags: 30th anniversary, barbie dolls, captain kirk, cbs, chris pine, mattel, new york daily news, phaser, price tag, spock, star trek, star trek barbie, star trek film, tv show, uhura, york daily news, zachary quinto, zoe saldana