Star-Studded Hot 97’s Summer JamJune 9th, 2010 - 1:44 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 9, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Not many hip hop shows could match the star-power and the energy of Summer Jam, as the world’s biggest hip-hop concert returned to Meadowlands on Sunday night. The show was hosted by New York’s hot 97 radio station. It was a vivacious medley of music, remarkable for on-the-spot alliances with surprise guests and prolonged, hysterical energy of more than 60000 audiences. The music festival featured a star-studded line-up with the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Cam’ron and more, as well as performances by Roc Nation’s debut artist J. Cole, Duck Down’s Sean Price, and included a hit reggae act by the surprise guest Gyptian.
As the show started to get in its form, the sky turned grey and everyone braced themselves for the rain. But that was not a big deal, because rain wouldn’t have stopped the party anyway.
As the gigantic stadium of New Jersey filled with enthusiastic fans, the bass crashed. The sweet smell of Mary Jane was the ideal setup for Gucci Mane and his 1017 Brick Squad team, who took the stage to present their street hymns and make their presence felt up north. The grotesque baller anthem, “Beamer, Benz, or Bentley”, by Lloyd Banks and Juelz Santana had the concert fans groove to their favorite lines. Fabolous gave an outstanding performance with his prominent New York anthems. Once “Breathe” boomed through the system, every hip-hop lovers were on their feet. The rappers didn’t stop even to catch their breath and the fans didn’t expect them to, either.
The self-proclaimed, Funk Master Flex, gave the crowd a noteworthy show. He made it clear that he’s still capable of giving the people the authentic feel of a DJ. He made some bold statements like, “This is why I’m the best to ever do it” and “I could do this all night New York” which showed that he was not going to be unduly modest either. Usher, who was performing at the Summer Jam for the first time, kept the ladies contented, as he performed a set of smash crossover hits. He closed the show like a true performer.
The hot 97’s Summer Jam is getting bigger with time and the fans continue to expect the unexpected!
- Lucky Lou overwhelmed by Delhi response (With Images) - Jul 07, 2012
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- The Diplomats: All Set To Rock On MTV’S Live Rapfix On ET - Jan 18, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas to play free concert in NY in June - May 03, 2011
- Minaj pays tribute to dead fan - Jun 01, 2012
- Pitbull excited about maiden visit to India - Nov 11, 2011
- 50 Cent Targets WorldStarHipHop Web site Via Twitter - Jan 25, 2011
- Taylor Swift upset with concert cancellation - Jun 11, 2011
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Hip-hop artist Nate Dogg dies at 41 - Mar 17, 2011
- Sushil Kumar's act on 'Jhalak...' impresses Abhishek (With Images) - Jun 23, 2012
- 'KBC 6' rehearsals on, Big B happy (Movie Snippets) - Aug 14, 2012
- Jay Electronica Becomes The Latest Member Of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label - Nov 14, 2010
- German artists connect to India with hip-hop graffiti - Dec 09, 2011
- Sean "Diddy" Combs gifts $360k Maybach to son on his 16th b'day - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: bold statements, debut artist, duck down, enthusiastic fans, fabolous, funk master flex, gucci mane, gyptian, hip hop lovers, hot 97 radio, hot 97 radio station, juelz santana, lloyd banks, nicki minaj, rappers, star power, summer jam, surprise guest, surprise guests, sweet smell