‘Stanley Ka Dabba’ goes globe trottingOctober 23rd, 2011 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) Filmmaker Amole Gupte’s “Stanley Ka Dabba”, which has garnered a lot of critical acclaim, will now travel to 10 international film festivals.
The film, which has Gupte’s son, Partho, playing Stanley, has been immensely appreciated for its impressive storyline and fine performances.
It has already been screened at the Chicago South Asian Film Festival, Prague Indian Film Festival, International Film Festival for Children and Young Audiences SCHLINGEL, the Busan International and Mumbai Film Festival.
Now it is set for screening at Minsk International Film Festival; AFRIFF International Film Festival Nigeria; Filem’on Belgium; and 29th International Young Audience Film Festival Ale Kino Poland.
“We are proud of the film that we have made and the fact that it’s going to so many big international film festivals. I am happy that Partho’s work is being appreciated and we all are proud of him,” said Gupte.
Vijay Singh of Fox Star Studios, which is the distributor of the movie, says that “Stanley Ka Dabba” is probably the most important film made this year.
“While the film is set in India, its message is relevant across the world. We are proud that the film has generated such massive excitement and acclaim in various film festivals across the world.
“It’s our little contribution towards enlightening the audiences about the rampant issue of child labour that plagues almost every society,” he added.
- 'Stanley...' star wins most prestigious child actor award - Oct 18, 2011
- Partho doesn't know he's won a National Award: Amol Gupte - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' a wicked, poignant journey into a child's soul (IANS Movie Review) - May 13, 2011
- Divya Dutta to walk the ramp for a cause - Jun 19, 2011
- Amole Gupte creates another Darsheel - Apr 17, 2011
- Don't kill that small budget entertainer ! - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' wins award at film fest in Italy - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Chillar party' wins National Award for best children's film - Mar 07, 2012
- National award winners on high after ceremony - May 04, 2012
- Amole Gupte makes film out of children's workshop - Apr 12, 2011
- 'Rang Rasiya', 'I Am Kalam' at Chicago film fest - Aug 18, 2011
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' entertains with situational songs (IANS Music Review) - Apr 26, 2011
- Children's films: Bollywood wakes up from its slumber (Nov 14 is Children's Day) - Nov 12, 2011
- I have 17 scripts: Amol Gupte (Interview) - Oct 27, 2009
- I'm not a prankster: Abhishek Bachchan (Film Snippets) - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: amole, asian film festival, busan, child labour, critical acclaim, dabba, filem, filmmaker, indian film festival, international film festival, international film festivals, ka, mumbai film festival, New Delhi, prague, south asian film, stanley, star studios, vijay singh, young audiences