Stallone not directing ‘Expendables’ sequelMarch 10th, 2011 - 2:03 am ICT by IANS
London, March 10 (IANS) Actor Sylvester Stallone will not be weilding the mic for the sequel to “The Expendables”.
The 61-year-old action star directed, co-wrote and even starred in the first film, but for the sequel Stallone is meeting other filmmakers.
According to the Los Angeles Times newspaper, Stallone is not much involved in the script of the film. However, it is confirmed that Bruce Willis will once again make an appearance in the film, reports contactmusic.com.
The film tells the story of a group of action heroes heading to South America to overthrow a dictator. Actor Jean-Claude Van Damme will take up the lead role.
- 'The Expendables 2' - a nostalgia reloaded (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 25, 2012
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- Stallone voted ultimate action hero - Sep 22, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Jolie only woman on 'Ultimate Action Heroes Of All Time' list - Sep 22, 2010
- Jean-Claude Van Damme admits to affair with Kylie Minogue - Aug 14, 2012
- Stallone wants Willis as villain - Sep 05, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
- Sly wants Bruce Willis as supervillain in 'The Expendables' sequel - Sep 06, 2010
- Van Damme signs 'Six Bullets' - Jun 23, 2011
- Van Damme: "I would have been abnormal not to sleep with Kylie" - Aug 13, 2012
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Denies His Heart Attack Rumor - Oct 21, 2010
- I considered Willis, Schwarzenegger enemies: Stallone - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: action heroes, action star, actor jean, actor sylvester stallone, appearance, bruce willis, claude van damme, dictator, filmmakers, jean claude van, jean claude van damme, lead role, london march, los angeles times, los angeles times newspaper, mic, sequel, south america, sylvester stallone