Stabbed Indian taxi driver in critical condition in Melbourne hospitalApril 29th, 2008 - 1:34 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Apr.29 (ANI): Police have released images of a Indian-born taxi driver, who received multiple stab wounds and was left by the roadside for two-and-a-half hours this morning.
The taxi driver, a student, aged 23 from Reservoir, remains in a critical condition in hospital. He was found in Melbourne’s Clifton Hill area this morning, reports The Age.
Detectives believe he was attacked some time around 3 a.m., possibly in Hodgkinson Street near Wellington Street.
It is believed his attacker then drove the taxi a short distance before it collided with a street sign near the corner of Gold Street and Queens Parade.
Two men who were walking along Hodgkinson Street found the 23-year-old driver about 5.30 a.m.
Detective Senior Constable Brendan Smith, from the Yarra Criminal Investigation Unit, appealed for witnesses on radio 3AW this morning.
A Victoria Police spokesman said the driver was found about 250 to 300 metres away from the taxi.
Paramedics and police were called to the hotel just before 6 a.m. today. Intensive care paramedics treated the injured man at the scene before taking him to the Royal Melbourne Hospital. (ANI)
- Indian taxi driver critical after receiving multiple-stab injuries in Australia - Apr 29, 2008
- Oz woman survives six-storey car park plunge - Apr 04, 2011
- Indian taxi drivers scared to drive in Australia - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Indian appearance' man wanted in Australia for sex assault - Aug 04, 2010
- Another Indian taxi driver assaulted in Melbourne - Jan 20, 2010
- Indian student recalls stabbing horror in Australia - Nov 29, 2010
- Bus bomb blast kills 6 in central Guatemala - Jan 04, 2011
- Oz-Indian student recalls how he was stabbed for failing to give money to attackers - Nov 29, 2010
- Indian taxi driver in Australia stabbed in the lung - Jan 21, 2010
- Melbourne cabbies protest attack on Indian student cab driver (Lead) - Apr 29, 2008
- Taxi driver attacked in Australia, India seeks report (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Scores injured when taxi overturns in South Africa - Dec 29, 2010
- Cabbies threaten to blockade Melbourne airport after Indian's stabbing - Apr 30, 2008
- Three taxi drivers attacked in Brisbane - Jun 06, 2010
- Two Indian students die in Australia following fight over money: Police - Feb 12, 2010
Tags: attacker, brendan smith, clifton hill, constable, criminal investigation unit, critical condition, detectives, gold street, hospital melbourne, intensive care, multiple stab wounds, paramedics, police spokesman, queens parade, radio 3aw, royal melbourne hospital, taxi driver, two and a half hours, victoria police, wellington street