St. Lucia official brands Amy Winehouse ‘tattooed reptile’June 19th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Launching a stinging attack on Amy Winehouse, a former St. Lucia Government official has called the pop star a “tattooed reptile” who is corrupting the local youth by her constant visits to the island.
Jeff Fedee, a former spin-doctor for the idyllic resort, blasted the troubled star’s drunken behaviour in the St. Lucia Star newspaper.
While lashing out at the island’s most famous tourist, Fedee also took a swipe at the natives and officials for offering Winehouse support during her stay.
He insisted that they were “misguided” to stand by her after her disastrous comeback at the St Lucia Jazz Festival in May this year, when she walked offstage mid-set.
“I had also been perplexed by the number of St Lucians going public to express sympathy and tolerance to the nauseating antics of Amy Winehouse in St Lucia,” the Daily star quoted Fedee as writing in the publication.
He added: “I had dutifully trekked to Pigeon Point during the Jazz Festival to see how our tax dollars were being wasted, because evidently to our Tourism officials a notorious reputation for obnoxious behaviour and not necessarily musical ability was the main criteria for including Amy Winehouse in the Jazz line-up.”
Fedee further wrote: “For me it was a stomach churning experience to witness a reptilian looking character with a skeleton frame, staggering onto the stage, barely fitting into what appeared to be a size zero dress, cut just above an unsightly crotch. I thought Amy Winehouse should be locked up, be put in compulsory rehab and force fed to put some flesh on her insect frame.”
He claims that Winehouse has no future in music due to her booze-addled antics, insisting that no one will remember her songs in 12 months time.
“On current form, none of her songs will be remembered one year from now. A career destined to bomb spectacularly. The notoriously fickle public will soon tire of her louche behaviour,” he said.
He added: “Those who sing the praises of Amy Winehouse are missing the point: he is not a good model for St Lucian citizens, particularly the youth, despite the music. And the effrontery of this character who reminds me of a tattooed reptile, offering to help St Lucian youth when it is Winehouse who needs help.”
The Rehab star has been on an extended break on the Caribbean island since December last year, as she battles her drink and drug addictions. (ANI)
- Amy Winehouse offered free booze to go back to St Lucia - May 19, 2010
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse plans to adopt - Apr 19, 2009
- Winehouse's new album due next year - Oct 10, 2009
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Amy Winehouse to take up nursing in St Lucia - Jun 09, 2009
- Lonesome Winehouse has outstayed St Lucia's welcome - Jul 13, 2009
- Amy Winehouse Contributes Song In Quincy Jones Tribute Album - Sep 12, 2010
- Winehouse 'refuses to leave St Lucia without a native chef' - May 28, 2009
- Winehouse's flirting angers her husband - Apr 29, 2010
- Amy Winehouse to sing duet with Justin Timberlake? - Apr 20, 2009
- St Lucia can't get enough of Winehouse despite shambolic performance - May 11, 2009
- Amy Winehouse dismisses adoption reports - Apr 20, 2009
- Winehouse axes 'emotionally painful' UK comeback gig - May 23, 2009
- Winehouse's first stage event abandoned due to rain - May 10, 2009
Tags: antics, booze, crotch, daily star, fickle public, government official, lucians, musical ability, natives, notorious reputation, pigeon point, pop star, rehab, spin doctor, st lucia jazz, st lucia jazz festival, stinging attack, swipe, tax dollars, tourism officials