S.S. Rajamouli pledges to donate organsSeptember 18th, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 18 (IANS) Telugu filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli recently pledged to donate his organs.
On a recent visit to Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, the filmmaker was so inspired and moved by the organ donation program, he instantaneously pledged to donate his organs.
“Thanks to all medicos and professors. I had a great time at Gandhi Medical College. I pledged to donate my organs. I learnt organs from one body can give life to eight people,” tweeted Rajamouli.
He also informed his followers that if anyone wishes to donate their organs or be a volunteer, they could visit www.mohanfoundation.org, and do the needful.
Rajamouli likes to indulge in humanitarian initiatives.
Recently, he also gave away a share from the profits of his recent blockbuster, Telugu film “Eega” to an educational initiative, Project 511.
- Save lives, become an organ donor (Nov 27 is World Organ Donation Day) - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Eega' - fly's revenge drama rocks box office - Jul 12, 2012
- Gambhir to donate his body parts - Nov 10, 2011
- 'Eega' to be released in 3D in Hindi (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- No decision yet on 'Eega' Hindi 3-D version: Suresh Babu - Jul 24, 2012
- Rajamouli talks about his movies - Sep 30, 2010
- 'Eega' exceptionally innovative, technically brilliant (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- 'Shiv Shiv' Nagarjuna's favourite from 'Damarukam' album - Sep 11, 2012
- Stephen Colbert to sing "Friday" on Fallon's show - Mar 31, 2011
- Kalaipuli S Dhanu To Release 'Magadheera' Soon - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: 511, blockbuster, donation program, educational initiative, filmmaker, followers, gandhi medical college, great time, initiative project, initiatives, medicos, organ donation, organs, professors, profits, volunteer