SRK’s opus likely to be out next yearDecember 11th, 2011 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 11 (IANS) Weighing an incredible 37 kg, running up to 800 pages and consisting of exclusive content including fascinating extracts from Shahrukh Khan’s personal diary, “King Khan - The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” is likely to be released next year.
“I am overwhelmed by the honour. Though there have been books written about me, but the magnificence of this book simply stands out. I am thankful to the group for choosing me. My opus will surely get me closer to my fans,” Khan said signing the first copy of his official opus.
The Bollywood megastar joins the league of iconic names in the opus collection, including Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Jackson, Manchester United FC, Formula 1 and Ferrari.
He is the second Indian to have this luxury, large-format work dedicated to him.
Announced by Britain-based Opus Media Group, the Opus will narrate the journey of the star through rare pictures and extracts from his personal diary.
The opus will reveal the incredible passion, intellectual drive, constant ambition and charming personality of Khan.
The leather-bound publication will weigh an incredible 37 kg, running up to 800 pages and consisting of exclusive, newly-commissioned content that will make this work a must-have for every fan.
“On behalf of the entire Opus team, we are immensely honoured to be given such a wonderful opportunity to tell Khan’s story in an opus. Khan continues to lead the way creatively and we hope to rise to the challenge in telling his story in a new, diverse and unprecedented style through the King Khan Opus,” said Opus Media Group CEO Karl Fowler.
Said Eszter Karpati, editor of “King Khan - The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan”: Eight hundred pages of an Opus allow for plenty of storytelling. But when we were planning the King Khan Opus, it was a case of how can we possibly fit everything in.”
The Opus will be semi-autobiographical as Khan will contribute much of the exclusive content himself, including fascinating extracts from his personal diary that he has kept for over 20 years.
Structured around 13 themed chapters, the editorial content will include a detailed filmography plus a light-hearted cinematic intermission in which people can gain an insight into his on and off screen persona and the colour and flavour of Bollywood.
Each marquee edition of the Opus will be personally signed Khan and presented as a strictly limited edition worldwide.
“King Khan - The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” will also be offered as a DVD as well as a downloadable iTunes App designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, and Android platforms.
- Ferrari unveils diamond-encrusted biography, costliest ever - Dec 01, 2011
- My life is not an open book: Shah Rukh - Dec 12, 2011
- I want a six pack: Jiah Khan (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2011
- Ferrari's ultimate opus super-book comes with a 275,000 dollar price tag! - Mar 24, 2011
- Gaga gifts her shades for SRK's daughter - Oct 31, 2011
- SRK to attend Lady Gaga show - Oct 29, 2011
- I don't know if Shakira is dancing for KKR: SRK - Mar 14, 2011
- My audience believes I can fly: SRK - Dec 20, 2011
- Suited, booted SRK feels awkward in Goa - Nov 23, 2011
- The many 'Shah Rukhis' of Vienna head for Berlin - Jan 20, 2012
- Why is Karan upset with the Khans? - Sep 06, 2012
- Nervousness before film release is greatest high: SRK - Dec 21, 2011
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- I wanted to win for Kolkata, Sourav: Shah Rukh - Apr 12, 2011
- Shah Rukh to visit Patna Dec 22? - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: ambition, charming personality, extracts, formula 1, fowler, group ceo, honour, king khan, magnificence, manchester united fc, media group, megastar, opus collection, opus media, personal diary, shah rukh khan, shahrukh khan, srk, storytelling, unprecedented style