SRK, Priyanka Chopra And Shahid Kapoor Dance In DurbanJanuary 6th, 2011 - 3:52 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Bollywood biggies Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor will be seen in the South African city of Durban, this weekend, matching steps to some of their Hindi film numbers to commemorate 150 years of alliance between countries India and South Africa. But it is not only Bollywood that will celebrate the auspicious occasion this Sunday. To be present in Durban along with Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor are some well known faces from the world of cricket and famous artistes from South Africa.
The beginning of the 150 years of the India – South Africa relationship can be traced back to 1860, when the Indian laborers first set foot on South African soil to work in sugarcane plantations across the country. In a statement to the media, Sabbas Joseph, the director of Wizcraft International Entertainment, which is one of the sponsors of the event, said that the ties between India and South Africa are very strong not only historically but also in modern times. Wizcraft stresses that he has played an important role in acquainting the South African people to the Indian entertainment world. It is to be remembered that two editions of IIFA film awards were held in South Africa, a venture by Wizcraft International Entertainment.
While SRK, Piggy Chops and Shahid will be the star attractions of the event, the organizers have also planned to felicitate cricket stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Makhaya Ntini, both representatives of the Indian and South African cricket worlds respectively, at the event. Actor Anil Kapoor will be the host for the evening which will see performances by South African musicians like Drum Café, Locnville and Liquideep.
- Shah Rukh, Shahid and Priyanka set to rock Durban - Jan 05, 2011
- Celebrate India-South Africa friendship, Bollywood style: Priyanka - Jan 06, 2011
- Stage set for Bollywood's grandest show abroad (With Image) - Jun 22, 2011
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011
- Shah Rukh to perform at star-studded Apsara Awards (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Cape Town gets set to give fitting, emotional farewell to Ntini - Jan 09, 2011
- Ntini bids farewell to international cricket - Jan 10, 2011
- Shahid to pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand - Dec 30, 2011
- Ntini announces retirement from international cricket - Nov 02, 2010
- Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment - at IPL 5 opener! - Mar 31, 2012
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- Ntini retires from international cricket - Jan 10, 2011
- Saif an incredible actor: Priyanka Chopra - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Chammak Challo' most downloaded song - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: anil kapoor, auspicious occasion, entertainment world, film awards, film numbers, hindi film, india south, indian entertainment, indian laborers, international entertainment, makhaya ntini, priyanka chopra, shah rukh khan, shahid kapoor, south african cricket, south african musicians, south african soil, stalwarts, star attractions, sugarcane plantations