SRK mum on ’slapgate’, says reportage affecting his kids (Lead)February 1st, 2012 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata/Mumbai, Feb 1 (IANS) Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan Wednesday refused to categorically state whether he had slapped Shirish Kunder or not but said the reportage on the incident was affecting his kids.
“Lots of things are being said about my life in news channels but the stuff which you put up in the channels are not the whole truth. This is embarrassing at times as I have a 14-year-old son and an 11-and-a-half year old daughter,” said Shah Rukh, who was in Kolkata to address a programme.
The Bollywood badshah felt it was embarrassing for a father to explain certain issues to his children.
“Every morning it becomes very difficult to explain to your children and it becomes embarrassing as a father, as a brother or as elder son of the family to explain about what is stated,” he told reporters.
Shah Rukh reportedly roughed up editor-filmmaker Shirish, the husband of his former friend Farah Khan, in the wee hours of Monday during Sanjay Dutt’s success party for “Agneepath”.
“Bollywood stories are presented in a larger than life way… I have read the headlines. Yeah, some of them have not happened and some of them might have happened, but I would like to keep it to myself,” he remarked.
Describing Farah as a very old friend, Shah Rukh regretted the reports that have been published about his differences with her.
“I have heard things that have been stated about us and it’s very difficult for people to sit down and read things in the house. In our house, the kids call her Farah aunty. It’s really sad when for last two years people say she said this and that… None of that is happening,” he said.
However, he sounded hopeful of settling the differences.
“We can resolve our issues… certain issues we can resolve with hugs and happiness and I want to keep it personal,” he said.
Earlier in Mumbai too he was evasive about the fracas.
“Did I tell you that there was a fight… no… so I will not tell anything about the patch up also,” Shah Rukh told reporters at a pre-nuptial ceremony of Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza. The actor reached the function in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The truce between Shah Rukh and Shirish was reportedly initiated by Farah’s brother Sajid Khan and filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala.
Shirish, Farah, Sajid and producer Nadiadwala met Shah Rukh at his house Mannat, where all of them sorted out the issue.
After the patch up, Shirish had told IANS that their frienship has become stronger than ever.
- Shah Rukh mum over patch up - Feb 01, 2012
- 'Slapgate' reportage affecting my kids: Shah Rukh - Feb 01, 2012
- SRK and Shirish call truce - Jan 31, 2012
- SRK, Shirish call truce (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- SRK, Shirish patch up, courtesy Sajid, Gauri (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Student...' not releasing with 'Joker': Karan Johar - Jan 25, 2012
- Everybody fights and reunites, why criticise us: Farah - Jul 31, 2012
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- Farah sad with SRK-Shirish brawl - Jan 30, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- SRK And Akshay On Joint Production Plan! - Sep 07, 2010
- Look who's caught in SRK-Shirish brawl! - Jan 30, 2012
- Nadiadwala teams up with SRK, Salman for a bouquet of films - Feb 24, 2011
- Shirish left 'Kick': Salman Khan - Sep 03, 2012