SRK has unique ‘Always…’ promotional strategy: AbbasFebruary 21st, 2011 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 21 (IANS) Actor Roshan Abbas, who is making his directorial debut with “Always Kabhi Kabhi” under Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment banner, said the superstar has some unique promotional ideas up his sleeve.”His involvement is there but he is also shooting for two movies. He has ‘RA.One’ on one side and ‘Don2′ on the other, but in the midst of these, his support is always there and you will get to see some unique Shah Rukh ideas as we go along,” Abbas told IANS in an interview.
Shah Rukh is in touch with his office from Malaysia, where he is shooting for “Don2″, said Abbas.
“Currently, he is in Malaysia. But he has seen the marketing plan of the film. He is continuously in contact with Red Chiiles because he wants to know what we are doing, what our ideas are to promote the film. He has also given us some ideas,” said Abbas.
“Once you see the posters, which would be out soon, you will see how the Red Chillies’ look and feel has come into this film,” he added.
Abbas also said he regards Shah Rukh as his mentor.
“He has always been around on the sets. He is the busiest person on this planet. Even in the middle of that, he used to find time for my film. That’s what makes him really interesting. He was there as a mentor in that sense, but he has not been a tormentor,” Abbas laughed.
Set in a high school, “Always Kabhi Kabhi” captures the emotions of love, jealousy and pride that marks one’s school years.
“It’s an adaptation of my play about a high school ‘Graffiti’, which I earlier wanted to turn into a graphic novel,” Abbas said.
- SRK as producer was a happy accident in Dubai: Director Abbas - Feb 22, 2011
- Shah Rukh's presence adds lustre to my film: Roshan Abbas - Jun 13, 2011
- You will fall in love with another Aishwarya: Roshan Abbas - May 23, 2011
- Why is Karan upset with the Khans? - Sep 06, 2012
- Acting was always in my head: Zoa Morani - Mar 16, 2011
- I still cry and get stressed: SRK - May 19, 2011
- My ad films got me 'Always Kabhi Kabhi': Satyajeet Dubey - May 27, 2011
- 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' team to support KKR at Eden Gardens - May 21, 2011
- SRK wishes Riteish for production innings (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2012
- Working with Aamir, Shah Rukh is like winning trophies: Ali Fazal - May 24, 2011
- Papa is clean: Karim Morani's daughter - May 18, 2011
- Comedy, romance, action to hit the box-office Friday (IANS Preview) - Jun 13, 2011
- SRK apologises to 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' cast (Movie Snippets) - Jun 18, 2011
- Fresh faced: Bollywood maps new terrain (With Images) - May 19, 2011
- SRK a symbol of religious unity: Vienna meet to debate - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: abbas, adaptation, chillies, directorial debut, don2, graffiti, graphic novel, jealousy, look and feel, marketing plan, mentor, midst, mumbai, promotional ideas, promotional strategy, red chillies entertainment, roshan, shah rukh khan, superstar, tormentor