Sridevi’s still the hottieMay 7th, 2009 - 1:02 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Despite being close to 50, Sridevi still continues to look very much in shape. She’s glowing and has not lost her good looks.
So much so that hubby Boney who’s put in oodles of weight looks like a misfit next to her.
Some nasty people have even gone on to say that he looks like her father
With a wife like that, this man needs to do something about his weight fast
Stealing someone else’s hubby (in this case Mona Kapoor) doesn’t always pay. Sridevi must realize that too.
The odd couple made an appearance at the Dadasaheb Phalke awards which were given out to film personalities on May 4 in Mumbai’s Bhaidas Auditorium in suburban Vile Parle.
Film producer Surinder Kapoor was one reciepient and hence his sons Boney and Sanjay Kapoor (Anil’s in LA which has almost become like his second home thanks to work coming in after “Slumdog’) and daughter-in-law Sridevi were present.
Surinder Kapoor started his career as an assistant director in his cousin Prithviraj Kapoor’s film, “Mughal-e-Azam’, and went on to produce films like “Tarzan Comes to Delhi’ and “Ponga Pundit’.
Prithviraj Kapoor was awarded the Phalke Kalpataru Award posthumously for his contribution to Hindi cinema. His son Shammi Kapoor was awarded the Phalke Legend Actor Award but he could not attend the event due to his ill health. His nephew Randhir Kapoor was present at the event, and he presented the Phalke Memorable Commercial Film Award to Ashutosh Gowariker.
But must say, amidst all the big names, Sri sure stood out. No wonder she’s still considered very much the diva from B-Town. -Sampurn Media
- Dadasaheb Phalke's 140th Jayanti celebrated by bestowing honours - May 05, 2009
- On Indian cinema's centenary, wax statue to honour Phalke (With Images) - Feb 17, 2012
- Anil Kapoor's father Surinder passes away - Sep 24, 2011
- Entire Kapoor khandaan to be present for posthumous Dadasaheb Phalke honour for Prithviraj Kapoor - Apr 22, 2009
- Surinder Kapoor's cremation Sunday - Sep 25, 2011
- Dev Anand, Pran receive Dadasaheb Phalke honour - Apr 30, 2010
- I'll be co-producing all my own films with Sahara: Boney Kapoor - Jul 22, 2011
- Asin Says She Can Never Say No To Sridevi - Sep 08, 2010
- Not insecure at all, says Sridevi - Aug 13, 2012
- Sridevi homesick in New York - Oct 21, 2011
- Boney Kapoor's Son Arjun Likely To Be Paired With Sonakshi - Sep 01, 2010
- College to celebrate Dilip Kumar birthday - Dec 09, 2010
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award - Mar 21, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: actor award, assistant director, commercial film, film award, film personalities, film producer, home thanks, hubby, ill health, misfit, mughal e azam, odd couple, oodles, posthumously, prithviraj kapoor, randhir kapoor, sanjay kapoor, shammi kapoor, sridevi, surinder