Sridevi to flaunt Sabyasachi sari at Toronto festJuly 30th, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Sridevi’s Bollywood comeback “English Vinglish” will be premiered at the 37th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and the actress has decided to wear a sari, specially designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
The directorial debut of Gauri Shinde, wife of filmmaker R. Balki, “English Vinglish” is the story of a housewife, her struggle with the English language and the insecurities she faces due to it. It will be premiere Sep 14.
In the film, Sridevi has worn Sabyasachi-designed attires and for the prestigious extravaganza also, the 48-year-old will drape herself in a traditional, six-yard wonder by the famed designer.
“English Vinglish”, co-produced by Rakesh Jhunjhunwaala, R. Damani, Sunil Lulla and R. Balki, is shot mostly in New York.
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde - Aug 14, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' written with Sridevi in mind: R.Balki - Jun 05, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- Feature film not without tips from Balki: Gauri Shinde - Jul 04, 2012
- Not insecure at all, says Sridevi - Aug 13, 2012
- Sridevi, Kareena to clash at box office; Balki unperturbed - Jul 06, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- What keeps Sridevi glowing at 49? - Aug 31, 2012
- Big B delighted to shoot with Sridevi after 18 years - Jul 19, 2011
- Sridevi homesick in New York - Oct 21, 2011
- Balki is a supportive homemaker: Gauri Shinde - Sep 09, 2012
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- Women directors surpass gender politics in showbiz (With Images) - Jul 29, 2012
- Now a film on rail mafia (Movie Snippets) - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: actress, attires, balki, bollywood, damani, directorial debut, english language, extravaganza, filmmaker, housewife, insecurities, international film festival, lulla, New Delhi, sabyasachi mukherjee, sari, sridevi, sunil, tiff, toronto international film festival