Sridevi dazzles at Lakme Fashion WeekApril 3rd, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by admin
By Shweta Thakur
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Looking alluringly beautiful in a single-shoulder long dress, Bollywood yesteryears diva Sridevi wowed the audience as she walked the ramp at the Lakme Fashion Week here. “It was a good experience and I was comfortable. The collection was very beautiful,” Sridevi told IANS after the show, that was also attended by her husband Boney Kapoor and daughters.
Sridevi, 44, walked the ramp for designer duo Prriya and Chintan in a golden hued dress with a corset bodice that was attached to a flared skirt. The audience reaction showed that the reigning queen of the ’80s and early ’90s had not lost her magic. Known as the female Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi has given super hits like “Chandni”, “Chaalbaaz”, “Lamhe” and “Mr India”.
“Sridevi-ji has been in the industry for so many years and has so much of confidence. She did a brilliant job on the ramp,” said Prriya.
Inspired by 1920’s French artiste Erte, the designer duo had tastefully incorporated drapes, pleats and prints in skirts, saris, dresses and jackets.
“When we looked at Erte’s drapes we realised that our traditional garments are no different. So we gave a new look to them… reinvented the sari and lehenga,” she added.
Rich lavenders, greens, beige and gold dominated the colour palette.
Using fabrics like net organza, chiffon and satin, the saris had borders attached to the sleeves of the blouse, the skirts had dupattas stitched with the cholis, the single-shoulder dresses had asymmetrical hemlines and there were also dresses with umbrella sleeves.
The men’s wear line offered sherwanis, jackets with deep V-necks teamed with Patiala salwars and salwars stitched in dhoti-style. The line was tastefully embellished with sequin work and intricate embroidery.
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Sharmila Tagore to walk for Ashima-Leena at DCW (With Image) - Aug 05, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Key to fashion statement is figuring out body type - Sep 21, 2010
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Urmila Matondkar walks ramp in bridal attire - Oct 30, 2010
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, audience reaction, brilliant job, chiffon, cholis, colour palette, corset bodice, drapes, flared skirt, good experience, hemlines, lakme fashion week, lamhe, mr india, pleats, prriya and chintan, salwars, sari, thakur, traditional garments