Sridevi 15 times beautiful, better actress now: RGV (Movie Snippets)August 16th, 2012 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma is so impressed with the trailer of “English Vinglish” that he is praising its lead actress Sridevi to the skies.
Gauri Shinde’s directorial debut marks the comeback of Sridevi to the big screen after a break of 15 years.
“Watched ‘English Vinglish’ trailer. After 15 year hiatus, Sridevi is looking 15 times more beautiful and seems to have become 15 times better actress,” tweeted Varma.
Sridevi was last seen in “Judaai”. In “English Vinglish”, she plays a middle-class Indian woman who struggles with the English language in the US.
Salman challenges Katrina
Salman Khan threw a challenge to his former lady love and “Ek Tha Tiger” co-star Katrina Kaif when they visited the sets of “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″. He wanted her to prove her improved Hindi-speaking skills.
Katrina and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” contestant Shibani Dandekar have a tough time speaking in Hindi. However, they have been trying hard to brush up their skills, and believe they have improved a lot.
So, when Salman challenged them to speak in Hindi, Katrina said: “Aap kaise ho (How are you)”, to which Shibani replied: “Main ache hai (I am fine), How are you?”
It was enough to impress Salman and he gave the girls a standing ovation!
Vidyut’s nine-hour training regime
“Force” actor Vidyut Jammwal follows a strict fitness regime to have to pull off action stunts with ease.
Known for his strong performance as Vishu in “Force”, Vidyut has a keen interest in martial arts and has extensive training, especially in Kalaripayattu, an Indian martial art from the southern state of Kerala.
Vidyut trains every morning at a quiet area of Mumbai’s Juhu beach with a bunch of his friends.
“Vidyut is very driven and committed to his martial arts and fitness training. He works out not just very early in the morning but also every evening at training studio in Andheri,” said a source.
“He trains from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. everyday,” added the source.
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- Shibani, Punit turn showstoppers (TV Snippets) - Aug 04, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' written with Sridevi in mind: R.Balki - Jun 05, 2012
- Feature film not without tips from Balki: Gauri Shinde - Jul 04, 2012
- Not insecure at all, says Sridevi - Aug 13, 2012
- Vidyut Jammwal nabs thieves (With Images) - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Big B delighted to shoot with Sridevi after 18 years - Jul 19, 2011
- Ronit Roy's viral woes (TV Snippets) - Aug 09, 2012
- Sridevi, Kareena to clash at box office; Balki unperturbed - Jul 06, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde - Aug 14, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Talat Aziz out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaaa' - Jun 30, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Forced weight loss for Ravi Kishan - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: ache, actress sridevi, co star, directorial debut, extensive training, fitness regime, fitness training, hiatus, indian woman, juhu beach, katrina kaif, keen interest, martial art, quiet area, salman khan, shinde, snippets, standing ovation, stunts, vishu