Spinster remarks ‘don’t bother’ Cameron DiazJune 14th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 13 (ANI): Actress Cameron Diaz doesn’t get bothered when people call her a spinster because she believes that she has “plenty of time” to get married and have children.
“I think it’s only normal for people to ask my views on motherhood, especially of someone my age, because it seems like he obvious thing, ‘Why haven’t you done it yet?’ But it doesn’t bother me,” she said.
The stunner is also aware of the responsibilities of being a mother, she said: “It’s not the cross I bear. I simply have no idea at this stage in my life. Besides, I’m still young. I have one nephew and four nieces. I’ve seen three births. I’ve been there for the dirty diapers, I’ve done the bottles. I know what it takes to do it.”
However, the stunner also expressed her dismay over women being made to feel guilty for not wanting to have a family, reports The China Daily.
“I think women are afraid to say that they don’t want children because they’re going to get shunned. But I think that’s changing too now. I have more girlfriends who don’t have kids than those that do,” she said. (ANI)
- Kajol: "Who Says Another Girl Won't Complete My Family?" - Aug 10, 2010
- Diaz a perfect co-star to work with: Eva Mendes - Sep 17, 2010
- Diaz plans to adopt - Apr 19, 2012
- Motherhood toughest job ever: Naomi Watts - Jun 14, 2010
- Carrie Underwood completely trusts husband - May 03, 2012
- Mirren doesn't regret not having kids - Sep 26, 2011
- Dolly Parton has no regrets - Jul 24, 2011
- I'm definitely producing another film in May: Lara - Dec 29, 2011
- I don't believe I need a son to complete my family: Kajol - Aug 10, 2010
- Getting better with age, says Diaz - May 06, 2011
- Jessie J gets death threats - Jun 29, 2011
- Being a working mum is hard: Victoria Beckham - Jun 09, 2011
- Emily Blunt not ready for children - Dec 14, 2010
- Diaz won't sacrifice career for motherhood - Jun 01, 2010
- I made mistakes, am not a role model, says Campbell - Sep 29, 2010