Spinal Tap’s comeback album “Back from the Dead”June 16th, 2009 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
Spinal Tap is stepping back in to the music arena after a sabbatical of long year. The launch of their comeback vehicle is slated for a June 16 date. The reason behind the happy reunion of the band members is to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 1984 film “This is a Spinal Tap”.
The group has come together after their 1992’s “Break like the Wind” for their third follow up album which is titled “Back from the Dead”. The band members Michael McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer of the parody band are back to playing the characters of David St. Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls.
“Back from the Dead” has 19 songs, 11 of the which are newly recorded versions of the classic tunes from the “This is a Spinal Tap” soundtrack. Among the remaining tracks, five are new composed vocal tracks and the other three are instrumentals. Also included in the package are a DVD commentary and three, 12 inch pop up action figurines of the three band members other than a Stonehenge, sized in aligned proportion to the figures.
The lyrics are an active amalgamation of humor and mockery, which have been done in earnest. The flow of the melodies though have got a consistency in them,and the rhythms builds up in pace, never compromising on quality. “Back From the Dead” is definitely going to be a mantle piece for a collector to put aside in his collection.
Some of the tracks of the album are “Tonight I’m gonna rock you Tonight”, “Back from the Dead”, “Gimme some Money”, “Heavy Duty”, “America”, “Hell Hole”, “Big Bottom”.
- Mexican rock band Molotov takes up social issues - May 11, 2012
- Fans celebrate 11/11/11 as Nigel Tufnel Day - Nov 11, 2011
- Lady Antebellum release their 3rd album 'Own the Night' - Sep 14, 2011
- Unheard Pink Floyd tracks released - May 11, 2011
- Stone Roses to announce their reunion - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' music an eclectic mix (IANS Music Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- Wesley Snipes feasts in jail on Christmas - Dec 25, 2010
- Red Hot Chili Peppers release their new single - Jul 19, 2011
- Lady Antebellum releases album 'Own the night' - Sep 13, 2011
- Kylie tops UK album chart again 22yrs after first number one - Jul 12, 2010
- Professor finds a way to 'rinse and repeat the rainbow cycle' - Jan 07, 2011
- Wesley Snipes begins 3-yr prison term for tax evasion - Dec 10, 2010
- One Direction announces name of second album - Aug 31, 2012
- Coldplay and Rihanna team up - Sep 14, 2011
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: 25th anniversary, amalgamation, band members, break like the wind, christopher guest, classic tunes, comeback album, gimme some money, happy reunion, harry shearer, hell hole, instrumentals, launch, mantle piece, michael mckean, mockery, music arena, nigel tufnel, spinal tap, stonehenge