Spike Lee to be honoured at Venice film festAugust 4th, 2012 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) Filmmaker Spike Lee will be honoured at the 2012 Venice Film Festival for his contribution to cinema.
The “Do The Right Thing” director will be conferred ‘Jaeger-LeCoultre Glory to the Filmmaker’ award Aug 31 in Italy, reports contactmusic.com.
“Spike Lee is a bold creative spirit, the author of daring and corrosive films, often unpredictable and provocative in the best sense of the term. Films that challenge us to rethink our prejudices and our preconceptions,” said Alberto Barbera, event director.
Lee is set to present the world premiere of his new Michael Jackson documentary, “Bad 25″, at the 69th Venice Film Festival, which kicks off Aug 29 and runs until Sep 8.
- Mani Ratnam To Be Honored With Jaeger-Lecoultre - Aug 28, 2010
- Abhishek and Aishwarya Back Out - Sep 06, 2010
- Mani Ratnam to get 2010 Filmmaker Award at Venice (with images) - May 26, 2010
- Mani Ratnam to be honoured at Venice film fest - May 17, 2010
- Al Pacino honoured at Venice film fest - Sep 06, 2011
- Venice Film Festival opens with Mira Nair film - Aug 30, 2012
- Abhay Deol's performance lauded at Venice film fest - Sep 18, 2009
- Venice film fest: Kim Ki-duk's 'Pieta' scoops Golden Lion - Sep 09, 2012
- World's most expensive Bond-style car key launched - Feb 21, 2010
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- Vikram sings praises of Mani Rathnam - Sep 17, 2010
- ‘Raavanan’ Is Awarded, After Being A Flop - Nov 02, 2010
- Spike Lee's "If God Is Willing And Da Creek Don't Rise" Captures The Aftermath Of Hurricane Katrina - Aug 23, 2010
- Argentina wins best short film award at Panama fest - Aug 08, 2011
- Omi Vadya hits jackpot with 'Big In Bollywood' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: barbera, cinema, creative spirit, director lee, do the right thing, film fest, filmmaker award, films, italy, london, michael jackson, preconceptions, prejudices, spike lee, venice film festival, world premiere