Spielberg’s movie on robotsSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 2:31 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 23, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Hollywood’s celebrated director Steven Spielberg is considering “Robopocalypse’ as his forthcoming directorial feature. This bit of news should excite the Spielberg fanatics from around the globe.
This is one film that is based on the book by Daniel H. Wilson. The film and the book share the same name. The author himself is a robotics researcher and has also written “How to Survive a Robot Uprising.’
In case Spielberg passes this film project, there are agents who are simply waiting to join their own director clients to the motion picture. Spielberg, as we all know is the sure thing and has the proverbial Midas touch. This genius director had been working on an Abraham Lincoln biopic. He was also involved with the adaptation of “War Horse’, originally penned down by Michael Morpurgo in the year 1982. However, none of the aforementioned projects have been speeding up and thus we can only assume that the film “Robopocalypse’ might soon see the light of the day.
“Robopocalypse’ is to be released by none other than DreamWorks that at the same time also has a couple of other robot films that should be released in 2011. The two other robot based films are “Transformers 3′ and Shawn Levy’s “Reel Steel’. The later is an action flick, which is set in the ultramodern world of boxing between robots.
– Sampurn Wire
- Spielberg to direct 'Robopocalypse' - Oct 24, 2010
- Hemsworth in Spielberg's next - Jul 21, 2012
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg film - Nov 20, 2010
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Lincoln - Nov 22, 2010
- Sally Field to play Abraham Lincoln's wife in Spielberg's upcoming film - Apr 15, 2011
- Steven Spielberg, Robert Redford to go head to head with Lincoln biopics - Sep 16, 2009
- 'War Horse' to release in India Feb 10 - Jan 13, 2012
- Kate Middleton cried watching 'War Horse' - Feb 01, 2012
- Steven Spielberg buys 'War Horse' rights for big screen version - Dec 22, 2009
- Daniel Day Lewis transforms into Abraham Lincoln - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Warhorse' - saved by beautiful anti-war sentiment (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 11, 2012
- Spielberg to make biopic on racer James Hunt - Nov 15, 2010
- West End play 'War Horse' heading for Broadway - Feb 22, 2010
- Spielberg to adapt World War I novel into movie - Dec 18, 2009
- Steven Spielberg, Stephen King team up for 'Under the Dome' - Nov 20, 2009
Tags: abraham lincoln, action flick, adaptation, director steven spielberg, dreamworks, film project, genius, how to survive a robot uprising, michael morpurgo, midas touch, motion picture, researcher, robot, robotics, robots, shawn levy, steven spielberg, sure thing, transformers, war horse