‘Spider Man’ musical to make Broadway debut in DecemberAugust 12th, 2010 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 11 (IANS) The long awaited “Spider Man” musical is set to open in Broadway in December.
The musical called “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark”, which features a score by U2 stars The Edge and Bono, has been in the works for six years.
The show suffered a number of major setbacks earlier this year when both Alan Cumming, who was set to play the villainous Green Goblin, and Evan Rachel Wood, cast as Spider-Man’s leading lady Mary Jane, quit the ambitious production, citing scheduling difficulties, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano was subsequently announced as Wood’s replacement, while actor Patrick Page has reportedly been offered Cumming’s role. Actor Reeve Carney remains on board as Spider-Man in the Julie Taymor production.
The musical has been touted as one of the most expensive productions in Broadway history, costing investors an estimated $50 million.
- 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' set to hit Broadway in November - Aug 11, 2010
- Reeve Carney, Jennifer Damiano Upbeat After "Spider-Man" Broadway Musical Performance - Nov 29, 2010
- Evan Rachel Wood to star in Broadway's "Spider-Man, Turn Off the Dark" - Jun 27, 2009
- Director of Spider-Man musical quits over show's music - Mar 10, 2011
- Bono's Spider-Man musical finally hits Broadway - Apr 08, 2010
- Sturgess keeps his fingers crossed - Aug 18, 2009
- Spider-Man musical to open on time - Aug 11, 2009
- Evan Rachel Wood to star in Spider-Man stage musical - Jun 12, 2009
- Evan Rachel Wood quits Spider-Man musical - Mar 12, 2010
- Julie Taymor Says No To ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark’ Chat - Dec 31, 2010
- ‘SpiderMan Turn Off The Dark’ Preview: A Technological Tragedy! - Nov 30, 2010
- "Spider-Man" Debuts On Broadway But Not Without Glitches - Nov 30, 2010
- Spider-Man wasn't in any danger: Show's spokesperson - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Spider-Man' Finally Previews On Broadway - Nov 29, 2010
- Who will be Spiderman's female lead on Broadway? - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: 50 million, alan cumming, ambitious production, broadway debut, broadway history, damiano, evan rachel wood, femalefirst, green goblin, julie taymor, lady mary, leading lady, mary jane, reeve carney, score, setbacks, six years, spider man, tony award nominee, u2