Spider-Man Musical: Is It Going To Be A Flop Show?December 7th, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Since the beginning, there are reports of injuries, accidents, faulty set pieces and it is facing critical previews too. Now, as the show is set for its official opening on January 11, 2011, everyone is worried if it turns out to be a flop show!
The technical problems were bound to appear when someone tries to stage a superhero character. As a result, they had to suffer lengthy interruption while staging the musical. However, director Julie Taymor is not bothered by these little challenges. She says that the musical has appeared exactly what they expected. She said that staging Spiderman on stage is like a circus, where anything can go wrong at any moment and you might require stopping just there.
However, this does not mean that the $65 million show will turn flop so easily. On Sunday night, when they were giving the first preview performance, the female spider Arachne got struck by a weighted rope backstage. But they managed the situation with her replacement and without announcing anything about what happened at the backstage.
We just hope that when the musical opens on January 11 next year, everything goes well on the stage!
- It was a tough decision to leave 'Spider-Man' $65 million musical: Mendoza - Jan 01, 2011
- Natalie Mendoza leaves Broadway's Spider-Man musical after accident - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' Broadway rescheduled yet again - Jan 14, 2011
- "Spider-Man" Debuts On Broadway But Not Without Glitches - Nov 30, 2010
- Julie Taymor Says No To ‘Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark’ Chat - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Spider Man' musical to make Broadway debut in December - Aug 12, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' On Broadway Fails To Live Up To Audience Expectations - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' actress T.V. Carpio sidelined after injury - Mar 23, 2011
- Actor in the Broadway production of 'Spiderman' injured - Dec 05, 2010
- Lead actress leaves troubled 'Spider-Man' musical - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' Finally Previews On Broadway - Nov 29, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' musical director Taymor to be replaced by McKinley - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' set to hit Broadway in November - Aug 11, 2010
- Spider-Man wasn't in any danger: Show's spokesperson - Feb 12, 2011
- More trouble surfaces in 'Spider-Man' musical - Dec 18, 2010