‘Spider-Man’ creator plans Chinese superheroJune 19th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 19 (IANS) Stan Lee, the 89-year-old creator of “Spider-Man”, “The Hulk”, “X-Men” and “Iron Man”, is now creating a Chinese superhero called “The Annihilator” in cooperation with Chinese filmmakers.
“The Annihilator” will tell the story of a Chinese superhero’s battle to save the world. This was announced at the Shanghai International Film Festival, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Hollywood writer Dan Gilroy, of “Real Steel” and “The Bourne Legacy” fame, is also involved in the project.
Lee, via a video link from the US, said: “I believe the Chinese superhero will be the best and the most popular superhero loved by people all over the world.”
“I love China and Chinese culture. I have been looking for the chance to cooperate with Chinese movie makers and bring forward Chinese culture to the world,” Lee said.
- Indian artists join in creating Elvis Presley comic (With Images) - May 05, 2012
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'The Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Spider-Man creator to make new superhero for India! - Dec 23, 2011
- Stan Lee Receives Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star - Jan 05, 2011
- Brawn mania: Feast of superhero outings this summer - Jan 25, 2011
- Stan Lee to get his own History Channel series - 'Superhumans' - May 06, 2010
- Comic writer Stan Lee receives Hollywood star - Jan 05, 2011
- Legendary Stan Lee, Creator Of Landmark Comedic Books, Attains A Star In The Hollywood's Walk Of Fame - Jan 05, 2011
- Stan Lee ties with Yoshiki - Oct 17, 2010
- Comic books creator honoured with Hollywood Walk of Fame star - Jan 05, 2011
- Spider-man creator Stan Lee turns 87 today - Dec 28, 2009
- Stan Lee Teams Up With MTV - Oct 10, 2010
- Schwarzenegger back on 'Terminator' series - Apr 28, 2011
- Stan Lee to unveil worlds first gay superhero - Jan 14, 2009
- Garfield named ambassador of orphans - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: annihilator, beijing, bourne legacy, chinese culture, chinese filmmakers, cooperation, fame, gilroy, hollywood writer, hulk, international film festival, iron man, movie makers, real steel, shanghai international film festival, spider man, stan lee, superhero, video link, x men