Spice Girls may turn ‘Viva Forever!’ into movieJuly 1st, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 1 (IANS) Famous girl band Spice Girls are planning to turn their new West End musical into a major movie.
The band mates - Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton and Victoria Beckham - are reportedly in talks to turn their theatre debut Viva Forever! into a film if it becomes a massive hit, reports dailystar.co.uk.
They have already tasted cinema success in 1997 with “Spice World” and are hoping to repeat that by following in the footsteps of Meryl Streep starrer “Mamma Mia!”, the highest grossing musical of all time.
“The stage musical is hopefully just the beginning. If the West End show turns out to be as successful as expected, everyone is on board to turn it into a movie like they did with ‘Mamma Mia!’,” said a source.
- Spice Girls reunite for a movie - Jul 23, 2010
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls to cast Viva Forever musical - Jul 15, 2010
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Spice Girls reunite in London - Jun 27, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- New Spice Girls movie in the making - Jul 23, 2010
- Now, a musical on Spice Girls - Jan 22, 2010
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: band mates, cinema, debut, emma bunton, footsteps, geri halliwell, girl band, july 1, london, mamma mia, melanie brown, melanie chisholm, meryl streep, spice girls, spice world, victoria beckham, west end show