Spice Girls make PS50m from O2 Arena gigsJanuary 24th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 24 (ANI): The Spice Girls comeback tour seems to be a big success, with them making 10 million pounds each from their 17-night run at London’s O2 Arena.
A source at the O2 centre has revealed that the five girls, Emma Bunton, Mel B, Mel C, Geri Halliwell and Victoria Beckham, have made 50 million pounds between them, a feat that has eclipsed any other stars performance at the venue.
“Barbra Streisand had high ticket prices but only did three nights while Prince did 21 nights but sold tickets for next to nothing, Daily Snack quoted a source as telling the Evening Standard.
Not many groups can sell out 17 gigs at 75 pounds a ticket, it’s quite an achievement,” the source added.
The band, which is moving on to Manchester, concluded their final gig at the former Millennium Dome on Tuesday Jan 22 night.
Even though the group is making a lot of money, Halliwell, aka Ginger Spice, claimed that the comeback tour had nothing to do with money.
“The truth of the matter is, to put on this tour has cost 18.6 million pounds,” she said.
“We have done this purely to celebrate our fans, the music and ourselves. This is not a moneymaking expedition. It really isn’t. Hopefully we will break even but it has never been about that,” she added. (ANI)
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Ger Haliwell hopes to convince Posh for 2012 Olympics - Jan 30, 2011
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Mel C had a drunken fight with Mel B - Aug 27, 2012
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Spice Girls gear up for Royal reunion - Jan 29, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls reunite for stage musical biopic? - Oct 15, 2009
Tags: 10 million, 50 million pounds, b mel, barbra streisand, emma bunton, geri halliwell, ginger spice, jan 24, london jan, mel b, mel c, millennium dome, moneymaking, snack, spice girls, spice girls comeback, spice girls comeback tour, ticket prices, truth of the matter, victoria beckham