Spice Girls end reunion tour with hugsFebruary 28th, 2008 - 2:42 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 28 (ANI): The Spice Girls ended their reunion tour amid emotional scenes of hugging and kissing at the band’s final show in Toronto.
Follwing the gig, the girl band posted an emotional message on their website.
Our time is up, weve come to the end of the road. There are tears of both sadness and joy. Look how far weve come, The Sun quoted the group, as stating in the message.
Recently, the group revealed that they would be delighted to perform at the celebrations for Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday, to be held in London’s Hyde Park on June 27.
Before that Geri Halliwell announced that the final concert of the groups world tour will probably be the last time they would take the stage together.
However, after that Melanie Chisholm revealed during the groups show at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, that the band would be thrilled to sing for Mandela if they were asked. (ANI)
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls reunite in London - Jun 27, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
- Spice Girls reunite for a movie - Jul 23, 2010
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Spice Girls to cast Viva Forever musical - Jul 15, 2010
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: 90th birthday, celebrations, emotional message, emotional scenes, geri halliwell, gig, girl band, hyde park, june 27, last time, london feb, madison square garden, melanie chisholm, nelson mandela, new york city, reunion tour, sadness, spice girls, sun, toronto