Spice Girls are like one big family, says Mel CMarch 7th, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by admin
Washington , Mar 7 (ANI): Smashing rumours of an alleged rift between the Spice Girls members, Sporty Spice Melanie Chisholm insisted that the girls are like one big family.
Mel C has claimed that though the all-girl band wanted to complete their recent reunion tour as scheduled, being mothers and having commitments made them end the trek prematurely.
However, the 34-year-old claimed in an interview with RollingStone.com, that their cancelling the tour in between has nothing to do with a rumoured feud.
“All of us have really enjoyed getting closer again. The whole atmosphere on the tour (was) very fun and there hasn’t been time for any bickering or the fighting that’s always reported about the Spice Girls. It’s just like a big family. There’s been more laughing than anything else, Contactmusic quoted Mel C, as saying.
She was pleased that the reunion, which began last year (2007) and continued into 2008, has made the reformed Wannabe closer than ever and all of them now share a special bond.
“We’ve been through something so unique together that even if we don’t see each other for a few months, we get together and it’s been like no time has passed at all, she said.
Though she dismisses any recording plans in future with her old bandmates, the British singer hopes that there could be more Spice Girls live dates.
“If you had asked me maybe six months ago, if the Spice Girls would ever tour again, I probably would’ve said no. So I think it’s quite dangerous to say defiantly yes or no. You never know what the future holds, she said. (ANI)
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Spice Girls To Perform In 2012 Olympic Games - Oct 19, 2010
- Spice Girls reunite for a movie - Jul 23, 2010
- Mel C upset with Olympic play list - Jun 21, 2012
- Mel C not ready for more kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Mel C wants to become mum again - Mar 05, 2010
- Spice Girls reunite in London - Jun 27, 2012
- Halliwell to create another 'Spice Girls'? - Aug 09, 2010
- Mel B 'snubs' Posh on Twitter - Mar 23, 2011
- Mel C finds tattoo crazy, regrets some of her own - Nov 29, 2011